Chapter 1: A different story

Jenavive?'

No reaction

'Hey Jenny'

Jenavive looked up, right in front of her she saw Diedrich a friend of her father and a military soldier.
He was the one who raised her for most of her childhood, she knew Diedrich as if he was her own father, she knew him from both the inside as the outside.
She knew his weak spots, his stupid humor and all of his faces, and the one he was pulling now well... she only saw that face when he wanted to tell her something bad or something she would regret later.

'Jenavive what's wrong, you have been staring outside of the window for hours, that's not like you'

Jenavive looked into Diedrichs eyes and saw he really was worried, she wanted to answer but for some reason she didn't want to tell him.

Diedrich took her hand and walked to the fireplace 'Sit down' he said pointing at the big chair behind her, she looked at him one more time and decided to sit down.
Diedrich sat down in the chair across from her just staring the whole time.
'Is something wrong' Jenny asked a little uncomfortable.
Diedrich raised an eyebrow 'I asked you first' he looked annoyed and didn't wanted to wait any longer for her answer.

Jenavive let out a big sigh. she looked up right in Diedrich's eyes which shocked her a little bit.
'I just... I really want to know what happened to my family, but you never tell me anything about it because you're scared it will hurt me' Jenavive sounded relieved after she said what she had want to say for so long.

Diedrich still had the same look in his eyes, the eyes he raised Jenavive with, the eyes you are not supposed to mess with because if you do you're in big trouble.
'Will it hurt you?' Diedrich asked after a time of silence.

Jenavive shrugged 'Maybe...' it was quiet for a while 'But I have the right to know, so you have to tell me'

'Yes you are right about that, I don't know if you are old enough bu-' before Diedrich could finish his sentence Jenavive jumped in 'I AM 16!!' she screamed without realizing.

Diedrichs sighed 'When you were five years old your father asked me a favor' Diedrich said.
Jenavive looked confused 'What?...'she didn't understand.

'You wanted to know right?'

'Yes, no I do I really do'

'Well than listen will you' Diedrich sounded annoyed.
Jenavive sat back and looked at him as a sign he could continue.
'As I said when you were five years old your father asked me a favor, he asked me if I could take you in for a while.
Of course when I heard him say that I was shocked, what the hell am I supposed to do with a five year old girl in my house and by the way I live in Germany and your family in England.
Your father told me he wanted to send you to a boarding school in Germany Berlin.
I thought it was crazy, to send a five year old girl to Germany without any family, so I told him my thoughts.
He explained that he wanted to make you into a beautiful well-mannered lady that would be able to be a good wife, he wanted you to do something with your life.
And because your brother would be the successor of the Phantomhive company he would-'

'Wait! I have a brother' a smile crossed Jenavives face.

'Yes his name is Ciel, can I go on?' Diedrich asked.

Jenavive nodded and Diedrich continued,
'Your father wanted to learn everything to your brother Ciel by himself, he said it was easier that way.
Sometimes he would take Ciel to parties to meet people that would be important later, even though he was just 8 years old he knew more people than I did in that time.
Your brother was important back then and he still is, but somehow it all went wrong'.
Diedrich looked at Jenavive who was listing attentive, what made him continue.
'On Ciels 10th birthday...' Diedrich stopped and looked at Jenavive again 'Are you sure you want to hear this' he asked.