Chapter 20 : Home

Welcome Home.
In your absence, you were missed
Now that you have returned, though, things they are all right
Let us begin living again.

'So...in the end you still belonged in hell'.

Down in a secret room in the right wing of the palace Lucifer was talking to an angel who was banned from heaven.

Ash sat in a corner with his head down, his white suit turned grey from the dirt and his body looked like a lifeless doll.

He didn't say anything, he just sat there staring at the ground.

'No respond?'

Lucifer came closer and kneeled before him.

He grabbed his chin and pushed his head back so he looked right in his violet eyes.

'Don't think I will just let you live here, you hurt my people and threatened hell...now you are part of hell.
You will become the thing you hate most' Lucifer came closer and whispered in his ear 'A demon'.

A flash went through Ash his eyes, he started shaking and a scream came out of his mouth.

Lucifer did a few steps back with a smirk on his face.

'NEVER!!! I WILL NEVER BE LIKE YOU!!' Ash screamed.

Lucifer laughed 'Don't worry you won't be like me I am way too strong for you, you will never come close to my powers, you will just be a low ranked demon starving day after day for nice SOULS!!'.

Ash put his hands over his ears and shook his head 'NO! I don't want that just, just KILL ME!!'.

'Kill you?' Lucifer laughed loud 'That would be way to much fun.
I can offer you a deal...'.

Ash looked up 'A deal?' he asked.

Lucifer nodded 'If you work for me as a servant I can make the change from angel to demon go slower, I can hold it back for a few years.
That means that you will be an angel for a few more years but you won't be able to use your angelic powers.
If you agree with this deal I won't hurt you'.

Ash sighed 'What will happen after I become a demon'.

'After that you will be on you own...of course you will get your payment in souls for the time as a servant but when that load is gone you will need to get them yourself'.

'How?'

'Like Sebastian did, serve someone who will give you their soul, or just go hunting murderers or prostitutes.
But never take souls of innocent people' Lucifer explained 'So? You agree with the deal?'.

Ash wiped his hair back and gave a slight nod 'I...I will be your servant'.

Lucifer smiled and opened the door 'Well than "servant" let's get you ready than' he said and walked out of the room followed by Ash.

In another wing of the palace Jenavive just woke up in an empty bed, she rubbed her eyes and looked around.

She noticed the curtains were opened and clothes were spread around the room.

The walls were a dark red covered with paintings and shields and the floor was made of dark brown wood.
Jenavive sat up and threw the satin sheets aside, she stood up and walked towards the window.
Outside it was light, she tried to find the sun but realized she was in hell, she smiled to herself and looked at the curtains, they were made of a see-through black fabric.
She let the fabric run over her fingers it felt strong still soft.