Chapter 8 : Ever lasting love

Sugar and candy can't describe the sweet love I feel for you.
I have waited years for your love and kindness.
I have fallen in love with your eyes, your lips... your everything.
You are the most precious thing to me, and you have to know I love you within the depths of my soul...

Too bad for you... I lost my soul months ago.

Jenavive was holding a history book she took out of Diedrichs office and skipped through the pages.
She hated reading but loved the pictures, they were full of life and made so realistic.

She stopped skipping and looked at a page with a large picture, it was the world map drawn like the pirates did.
It was drawn by hand and with a lot of care.

Jenavive was walking to her room still skipping through the pages when she bumped into Diedrich, she looked up for a moment, stepped aside and turned her face towards the book again.
She walked passed Diedrich as if he was just a wall she bumped into.

Diedrich smiled, he loved to see how Jenavive didn't even care she bumped into someone, she just goes on with what she was doing and walks on.
It made him think about her father Vincent he was the same as Jenavive is now.

'Jenavive?' Diedrich tried but she didn't respond.

He sighed 'Jenny!?' he said a bit louder this time.

Jenavive stopped walking and turned around 'Hm...?'

'Where did you get that book'

'The...Library'

Diedrich crossed his arms 'Don't lie, you never come even near there' he said.

Jenavive stayed silent.

'Well? Are you going to tell me where you got the book'

Jenavive turned around again and started walking.

'Jenavive!!?'

'Your office' she said before she slammed her bedroom door shut.

Diedrich rolled his eyes and walked to the door 'Will you put it back where it belongs when you're done?' he asked.

There was a long silence.

'Yeah sure...' he heard coming out of the room after a while.

He knew she didn't mean it but he also knew there wasn't a thing he could change about it.

When Diedrich wanted to walk away the door flew open and Jenavive looked at him.

'What is it' Diedrich asked.

'Well...I don't know if I want to go to my party tomorrow' she said a bit shy.

'oh come on Jenny, it is YOUR party'

'Yes I know that, but what if all the boys are stupid and think I am weird'

Diedrich knew what Jenavive meant, all the boys she met until now were freaked out by her white hair and dark eyes.

He walked towards her and placed his hand on her shoulder 'Believe me there will be a boy that will like you for who you are, he may not come tomorrow I don't know.
But he will come eventually' he said in a calm tone.

Jenavive nodded 'Now go to sleep tomorrow is a big day' Diedrich said 'And if I catch you reading in that book, I will take it back to my office... You understand?'

'Yes I do, good night' Jenavive said and shut the door again.

After a few hours Diedrich went to check on her, he opened the door silently and walked inside.
Jenavive was sleeping peacefully and didn't notice anything of Diedrich coming in.
The history book was laying on the ground.
Diedrich sat on the chair next to her bed, he thought about when Jenavive was still little, and he was reading her stories in this chair.