Chapter Four

I have to find out if it's true. Im going to go crazy if I don't. Wait, why do I care so much? It's not like I like him back. As I walk towards the park the Dork says something about homework.

"Just come on Double Dork. It won't take long." I look at him and he's giving me a funny look. It's almost like he's...nervous? As I look into his eyes I get the strangest urge to kiss him. Then, just like that, he's not looking at me anymore.

"I really must go home Kevin. It is getting rather late and I have much to do before tomorrow morning." Tomorrow morning? What's so special about tomorrow morning? It's friday night. Just as I gwt ready to ask we get to the meadow. I didn't even realize I was leading us here. I glance at Edd and get nervous.

"No matter what happens here you can't tell ANYBODY I brought you here. Understand?" Why am I being such an asshole? He finally looks at me and nods.

"Of course Kevin. I would never betray your trust." Fuck, I never knew I would feel so relieved to hear him say that. I never thought I would bring anybody to the only reminder I have of my mother either. I walk to a fallen tree and sit down. My palms are sweaty and I wipe them on my jeans before patting the spot next to me, inviting Edd to join me. He glances at me and then the tree.