Chapter Five

During the walk I try to determine the cause of nervousness that has been on Kevin's face. I tried to think of other things as well but all I could come up with was ways to get home. When I finally stop overthinking I realize that Kevin has brought us to a wonderful meadow but despite the beauty Kevin is still unhappy. I wonder why?

"No matter what happens here you can't tell ANYBODY I brought you here. Understand?" I am taken aback by Kevin's request. Why would he not want anybody to know about this beautiful meadow? But I must respect his wishes even if he will not respect mine.

"Of course Kevin. I would never betray your trust." I nod and watch him walk over to a fallen tree. He sits on it despite the germs and bacteria that it must be covered in. He wipes his palms on his jean legs and then pats the spot next to him. I glance at him and then the tree. There's so many germs.

"Kevin, you mustn't sit on that. It's covered in all kinds of germs and bacteria." I rush over to give him some hand santizer.

"It's fine Double Dork. I sit here all the time. Well, I used to anyway." Kevin seems so upset and down that I can not help but to sit next to him. 

"I must not lie. I am not good at helping others feel better." Oh poor Kevin seems so pained being here with me. Maybe I should leave? But I can not leave him like this.