Chapter 6

Vincent laid on his bed, thinking. Scott had gone back to his apartment (after cleaning up his house... Scott was odd), and Vincent had gone back to bed. His record had stopped playing, and was idly spinning with no needle. His mind was turning about in the same way, revolving and twirling itself around the thought of his neighbor.

He was... he couldn't find the words. As far as he knew, there weren't any.

He swung his feet out of bed, suddenly filled with determination to get to know this neighbor better. Good music taste, organization skills to match his sloppiness, and he thought suspenders were cool. Instead of walking down the hall to the door, he banged on the wall. He heard a scream from the other side and a shout of "What the hell? Vincent?"

"Yep!" He laughed, leaning against the wall.

"My door is five steps away from yours!"

"You're right. But this is much more convenient. I was wondering if you'd like to... well, if you'd like to go do something today. With me. Together. Outside." He was glad Scott couldn't notice him blushing out of embarrassment.

"Huh? Oh, uh... yeah! Sure! What'd you have in mind?"

"Um..." Vincent stumbled from idea to idea. A park? Cliche. A drive in the city? Could get boring. A restaurant? He was broke. "How about a theme park?" He sighed after he said it. That was the stupidest thing he could have possibly said, and now--

"Sounds amazing!"

"What?"

"I said, that sounds great. Pick you up over there at eight?"

"O-oh! Uh... yeah, o-of course."