0.1 Depression

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN. I LOVE YOU ❤️❤️ ❤️HAPPY 18th.
Don't own any of the songs in here. Timeline is going to be a bit different in my story than his real life. I hope you enjoy. :)

Underlined sections are flashbacks
(Originally posted August 8 2016)

_________________

Depression.
It probably sucks if you have it. I mean I don't have it, but I can't tell you what it's like to be happy all the time. I know there is a huge difference between having depression and not being happy, but there have to be similarities. Just like lying and keeping a secret. It's not the same thing, but there have to be some things that are similar.

It wasn't always this hard to keep this secret from my friends, it used to be really easy. I used to be embarrassed by it, and now I accidentally got this huge secret that no one knows about.

July 23, 2012
"We will be on our best behavior, does everyone understand?" My mom stressed for the fourth time, as she threw her long blonde hair into a pony.

"Terry, everything will be fine, Karen is grateful that we offered our house. Things will work out, right kids?" My dad smiled

"Right" Cory replied

"Sure" I added

"I know ... it's just she was my best friend in high school, and I haven't seen her since. Their Florida tickets got misplaced during their move and I just wanted to see her and meet the kids. I didn't want their summer to go to waste, so this has to work out for them."

My mom always had to help others, no matter what it was. She offered things she couldn't always give, sometimes she offered all she had. It was her best trait, but also her biggest flaw, depending on how you see it.

"They're here!" Cory yelled, from the doorway.

My mother turned out of the living room and walked outside to give some lady with dark brown hair a hug. My father walked out after my mom and shook a man's hand. this man had darker skin and darker hair. He had this smile that stretched from ear to ear and a personality that seemed to be very kind and gentle.

A small girl came running into her dad, not because she was shy, but because she was loving and liked to show it in public. She looked liked her father, with the beautiful long hair like her mother. Her skin tone was slightly tanned, but not enough to really notice .She looked to be the same age as my brother, give or take a few years. Her smile was gorgeous, her laugh and playfulness were already introduced, even before her name.

"Sam right?" A voice said as it set next to me.

I looked to my left to see the boy that sat next to me. He was clearly a year old than I was, he had dark brown hair and deep brown eyes. He had both his ears pierced which threw me off, but it didn't look bad. He smiled at my staring, which revealed a mouth full of braces, braces that somehow looked good too.