0.8 Exists

Exists, I will always believe that everything exists, because of her.

She recorded the video that got me here, she has always been there, telling me I can do it, that I am good enough.

However, there is so much more, she holds me in reality, she talks me through the things that know one else can ever understand. She makes me laugh, really laugh, smile, man does she make me smile.

Sometimes, a phone call isn't enough, this time it isn't enough. Every song is about her, I would give everything up for her, I need to be there for her, with her.

"Mr. Mendes?"

"Yeah, sorry."

"We landed 5 minutes ago." The pilot smiled

"Oh, I was just ... thinking, sorry." I smiled

"It's fine, happens more than you think."

"I am sure it doesn't."

She laughed, but not because my joke was funny, it wasn't funny. She laughed because it was awkward, I had called her out. She was trying to make me feel a bit better, and I called her out in a negative way.

I just couldn't get my mind off of Sam, she was going through something serious, with her family and with herself.

She had been acting differently for the past little awhile, she had been changing the subject, not interested in things she loved, she just hasn't been herself

The first phone call, the first text message, the second week of her brother being diagnosed with cancer, she had been attacked with depression. I knew, in that moment, in that millisecond of a second, that Sam wasn't the same girl that I fell in love with.

But I could never tell her any of these things, for a thousand reasons. She was not in the right place for a relationship, she could be seen as valuable, and I would never take advantage of that.

The biggest one, it's that I was afraid that It would ruin our friendship, that it would ruin everything. When I ignored all this, the words wouldn't except my mouth, I would freeze.

Instead, I wrote songs.

She was beautiful, the type pf beautiful that hard to find. There was nothing that really stood out, but there was also no big flaws. She was the quiet one, so for awhile no one really noticed her.

Her heart, her soul, her, beautiful.

"Alright first tattoo?" I asked

"Something to do with a solar system," Sam responded

"Why?"

"Because it reminds me to question everything, to not believe everything you're told."

"How so, I need more of an explanation Sammy." I laughed

"Well what if the universe doesn't exist, what if there isn't anything out there. Maybe they created random photos to give people something more yo believe in."

"That is really dark, but I am very interested."

"Whatever Mendes" She laughed

Her laugh

It was the cutest, most incredible thing. She laughed at things that were actually funny to her, she had a contagious laugh. Not because it was funny, but because it was so beautiful.

Before I knew it, I was sitting her the cab, staring at her house.

I hated driving around in a fancy car, yeah people said I deserved it, and maybe I did. I didn't need it though, I didn't need to have to always take advantage of my fame. A cab got me to the same place that a fancy car would have gotten me to anyway.

"I can't dance, I am not going." Sammy laughed

"A boy asked you, you have to go, say yes!" He mom smiled

"No, don't go." Her dad glared

"Dad.."

"Let's go, I will show you how to dance." I said leading her out to the front lawn."

"What, Mendes, I thought you couldn't dance."

"I can't but I know how to actually slow dance. My mom likes men that can actually dance." I laughed

"I don't know Mendes."

"I know you don't, that's why I am teaching you."

"Shut up."

We laughed more than danced. We fell over on the grass, rolled down the small hill. We chased Corey around after he had sprayed us with the hose. We came into that house with grass stains and wet hair, Sammy knowing fewer dance moves than she did before.

I can't remember how old we were, but at the point in our lives, nothing was wrong, nothing could go wrong. We weren't worried about anything, we didn't know what stress or pain really was.

We must have been children, maybe we were in elementary school still, maybe we were just starting high school. Whatever it was, I wish we could go back to that time.

entering her house was going to be different, hard, upsetting, emotional. I was coming into a disaster zone, and I was coming her to fix everything, but deep down, I knew I wouldn't be able to do much.

I knocked on the door and waited for the door to open, I was expecting her mom to come to the door, Sam wouldn't answer, but I was wrong.

Really wrong

Things were much worse than, I had thought, things were only going to get worse. Because things weren't going to get better.

"Oh, Hey Shawn."

"Hey, Cory."

Sorry I haven't updated in so long

Sorry I haven't updated in so long. Hope you liked this chapter ❤️
Shawn is now there with Sammy, what's going to happen.
Why is Corey home?