2.7 Shawn

Shawn, you have always been there for me. You have been everything I need when I need it. A brother, when Corey was sick, an older brother when my ex was an issue. My younger brother when a new Disney movie is released.

You are my best friend, but you're my movie best friend. I know you know what I mean. The best friend that literally knows everything. You know when I am lying when I am sad. I used to think it was the look on my face but you were able to tell over the phone, maybe my tone of voice, but you knew when I said nothing at all, and when you couldn't see me. You just knew. There was no other friendship I knew of that was like ours. There was nothing like ours.

Through it all, you became the person I loved. I don't know where, when or how things changed, but they did for me. I didn't know they changed, because our conversation didn't change.

But when you showed up one summer, the summer of my sixteenth year, I look at you differently, you looked different to me. Something different, something I couldn't explain back then, but know now.

I grew feelings for my best friend, just like in the movies. Cliche I know, I hate it, but at the same time, I am so grateful.

I am grateful that I have someone like you, that I had someone to love, someone as kind, and humble as you. I wish I could tell you all this, I wish if something happened that would be able to unsay this.

I wish that I be able to go back in time and fix things, to fix our friendship. I can't do that, meaning I would never tell you how I felt. I would never tell you any of this.

Dear Samantha Klein,
We have yet to receive an answer concerning your registration. This email will be your last reminder, and we hope to hear from you soon. The last day to register will be tomorrow at 11:59 Local time.

We thank you for your application and if unable to attend, you can either respond with a no I will not be attending this year or by not replying. By not replying will assume you will not be attending this year.

Thanks, Toronto Film School (TFS)

I place my phone my bed and then walk over to my desk. Papers for apartments, and hotels, dorm rooms. I look at job openings, and what my classes would look like.

There simply isn't a cheap enough place to live. I don't have the time for a job with the number of classes I need, I wouldn't make enough. All my classes are paid for, but my living is not.

I can hear my phone buzzing within my bed sheets. I stand to my feet and fall onto my bed. I sigh and take a deep breath to try and contain my self before answering the phone.

"Hey."

"Sup."

"Oh, it's you."

"disappointed?" Shawn laughs

"No, I just... didn't look at my phone before answering it."

"Oh, I see. How are you today Mrs, Klein?"

"Still trying to figure things out. I can't get to the school. I know everyone keeps trying and saying I can get there, but I know there is no way I can. I can't afford it, I won't have time to work, so I will be broke all the time. I don't know. I mean I could possibly manage working one or two days a week, but."

"Sammy, Maybe you just take a walk, near your head."

"That's not going to get me to Toronto."

"No, but it will calm you down, your freaking out, you're even freaking me out."

"Sorry."

"It's fine kid. Call me after your walk? I have to go do something for Andrew."

"Alright."