2.4 There

There are a number of things, and number of reasons, a number of words and a bunch of hesitations. Graduation is a thing, it's a reason, yet it's something we don't tend to think about. I mean, I thought about it almost every day of high school, but It's hard to imagine that the day actually comes.

It's a day we imagine, not think about, I mean really think about it. It means the end, the end to something huge in our lives, for some of us, it means the end of our lives. The began of something new, but the end of something we know.

We say goodbye to our friends, we have to make decisions, some of us leave, someone of us works, some of us will be married within 2 years, Everything changes, our lives start, but this old era ... ends.

I stare at myself in the mirror. Something I never really used to do. I think about how I never wanted to go to prom, it was never something I wanted. I hated how ramped up it was in movies, I knew it would never be like that. I didn't want to be disappointed but I also didn't' want to wonder what it could have been like.

So here I was, looking at myself in the mirror, wondering if I looked like the girl from the movies. The girl he would fall in love with the asshole, or maybe I was the nerd that took her glasses and the jock would see me as beautiful.

Maybe I was going because Cory would've gone.

"I am ready." I signed as I came down the stairs. My mom started crying, my dad was holding together and Dylan was smiling.

"Like the movie you imagined?" Dylan smiled

"Better not be." I smiled. I hugged my parents, we took a few photos, then left.

We walked in together like Dylan had imagined. Since we were kids we talked about this day, the day she wanted, and the day I wanted to avoid, but here we both were. Together again, maybe for the last time. it was nothing like the movies, nothing ever is, high school wasn't why would prom be?

There were no happy endings, there was no guy that I fell in love and would marry. Maybe things would have been different though. If Shawn and I had gone to the same high school.

Maybe we would be high-school sweethearts, maybe there would be a happy ending.

"You know I think I have told you the before, but I love that your prom dress shows your tattoos, and wearing your glasses to prom very classy, should do it more."

"You have mentioned it." I smiled.

Prom wasn't like the movies, it was different. It was still important, too was better than I thought, better than I imagined.

I stare at the mirror, looking at my reflection, a new reflection, a reflection in which is nicer than usual but not as nice as last week's prom. Today We graduate, I graduate. It's another day I never really wanted to attend.

Graduation was different than prom though because graduation was almost exactly like the movies, not like high school musical but another movie, it was close. I didn't want to go to graduation, because Cory wouldn't e there.

I walked down the aisle with a friend, someone who I knew well. She was my locker neighbor three out of the 5 years, our last names were close, so that made us friends.

We walked to the stage and then waited for the rest of our classmates. They announced our names, Dylan cheered, most the class cheered because I was popular, even though I was fake and had attended most my senior year.

I look in the mirror, no makeup, no hairdo. I look in the mirror to see nothing but myself, nothing except for my failures, my accomplishments, my gains, my losses. Its. Just. Me.

I sit only bed, graduated, experienced prom, I have the chance to go to college. Three thins Cory will never do.

I have moments, times to where I think I am going to see him like he is just going to walk around the corner. I look at his room and think I am going to see him, I go in to ask him something then realize, I can't.

I have almost sent him text messages and phone calls, but I catch myself. I see people in public and for a split second, I think it's him.

These are just the normal days, on days like this, graduation... things without Cory are 4 times harder.

I wish he was here, I was I wouldn't have seen him in the crowd. I wish he would have come in my room while I was doing my makeup, he would have laughed that I was going to prom. I wish I could hear his laugh.

My heart hurts, my entire chest hurts. Tomorrow will be a new day, but another day without my little brother.

 Tomorrow will be a new day, but another day without my little brother

May 25!!
So excited!

Also I hope you liked his chapter, tried something a little different with the writing of prom and grad. There isn't much detail, but I kinda like it. Two big moments her life but still the main focus is Cory.

Also thanks again for your support over the last two weeks. It meant a lot to me. ❤️