Prologue

Being an Avenger isn't exactly the easiest thing to do, especially when you work at Stark towers as their head mechanical engineer. The last few months haven't been boring, they have actually been the exact opposite!

          Everyday I wake up at 6:00 just to get to Stark Towers for 7:30. Once I actually get into the building, I have at least thirty design ideas to look over and approve, then maybe forty more blueprints to approve. After all that approving, I have to do budgeting for all of the approved designs and blueprints, then create blueprints for all the designs that don't have them! Finally I get to the part I actually enjoy, the building, sometimes Tony even joins me.

          Then once I've had a six hour day of that, Maria calls me up to the gym (which happens to be a high tech training centre). Once up at the gym, I get a lovely four hour training session; combat, power control, power development and weapon technique. Some times I'd get the special treatment if Natasha decides to stop by with her friend Clint (another Avenger). All in all, once I get home I'M DEAD! But so far it's all payed off, I've got some new tricks up my sleeves and Steve has been very impressed with the improvement of my aim. He comes up to New York every once in a while, he's actually started to look for a place in Brooklyn, but as of yet he's bunking with me. Staying in my guest room of course!

I've actually found having Steve around more often is pretty nice, I've found out a lot about him. Like how he's an extremely loud snorer, how he absolutely loves Doritos and that he's a sucker for Vivian Leigh.

          On the other hand, having Tony around has been nice as well. For some reason Tony has made a habit of calling me at two o'clock in the morning to get me to look at designs or give him colour scheme ideas for his new suits. That hasn't been that awesome but it's been fun having late night phone calls with my boss, who doubles as my friend. Both Steve and Tony have become so close to me, we're inseparable when we're together, walking around New York when we've got days off, Tony and I pulling pranks on Maria when we're bored. The normal best friend stuff.

          I've even got to spend some time with Sam, although it didn't happened often. I'd get phone calls every couple weeks and a visit a couple times a month. I dare say that I've enjoyed guy company more than girl company (although Natasha and Maria are fun drunks). The last 8 months have been amazing, I'm now starting to like New York more than Washington. However, it will never beat England. But it makes it pretty darn close when you have great friends and you're not in prison.

          Today is starting out differently. It's my day off, I just met the rest of the Avengers (Thor and Bruce were the only ones I hadn't met). Last week I tagged along for my first  Hydra base raid, just to get a feel for the entire team. It went by super fast, since Loki's sceptre wasn't there. I was surprised that Hydra was still around, I thought they would have given up after getting their head cut off. Then Steve told me their saying and I wasn't so surprised anymore.

          I digress. I've had no such luck as to get a full day off, because well what do you know, Tony gives me a ring and tells me to get up and get to the tower. Oh what fun this will be, he's probably going to ask me to do a blueberry taste test with him (trust me, as crazy as it sounds it's happened before. Tony is just a little strange). Isn't that why you have money, to pay people to waste their time and not interrupt your friend on her day off!!

So the first part of the second book! What do you guys think? Good? Bad? Still liking that Dahlia humour? Get any of those references?