Chapter 2: The Raids

We finally arrive in Sokovia and Tony wasn't kidding about what he said. It was barren, as in there's probably more trees than people type barren. It definitely wasn't a wasteland, it was a quaint little country. However, it was in the middle of nowhere.

          We land deep within the forest, away from the Hydra base up on top of a distant mountain peak. All of us stood up as we landed and got our heads in the game. I had to do it more than the others did, since this will be only my second mission, if you don't count me saving the world from Hydra Helicarriers. Cause well, I don't count that. Each of us quickly step out onto the snow. Tony is already in his suit, Steve's revving up his motorcycle, Nat and Clint are unloading the Hummer, Thor is shining his hammer, Bruce is listening to some God awful classical music and well I'm just standing here in the snow trying to scare off the frost bite. That's when we hear the sounds of shouting in the distance.

We all lift our heads and set out. Nat and Clint race off in the hummer, Thor and Tony take flight, Bruce turns into the Hulk and storms off, while Steve and I take longer.

"Why are you still standing here?" Steve asks supporting his Harley bike with his leg.

"I was hoping to catch a ride." I say, inching towards the back of the bike. What can I say, I don't quite trust my powers to carry me a kilometre into the forest.

"Ya no such luck Dal, you can fly without paying for gas. I have to buy gas!" Steve says, zooming off much to fast for me to grab on.

So I'm left in the middle of the forest, snow falling on my head, falling all around me. For a moment I actually take a minute and stare at my surroundings. Sokovia might not be much, but is has one heck of a beautiful forest. I am snapped out of my daydream by Steve's voice in my ear.

"Dahlia? Have you caught up yet!" He shouts and his comment gets chuckle from the others as a response.

"On my way old man!" I shout back taking flight.

          I found out during training that the golden bird wasn't the easiest thing to fight and fly with. So I decided to see how easy it would be to fly my hover board. It turned out that it was extremely easy, so now instead of a hover board, I fly around on a golden surf style board. Maria now calls me The Golden Surfer, it's unique, but I can't shake the feeling that it's already taken.

          Up I go, above the trees and the snow falling down towards the ground. I shoot forward at an unimaginable speed, until I see beams fly at me. Of course they'd be shooting at me, I'm not to difficult to spot. I dodge the beams shooting at me and look down to see that I'm not the only target. Nat and Clint shoot from the Hummer, while Thor flys around knocking out soldiers, the Hulk is not far behind pulverizing the tanks.

I spot Tony flying towards the Hydra base, he really is quite impatient. Then I hear the sound of clanking metal and a loud voice in my ear, "SHIT!" Tony shouts in surprise at the shield wrapped around the base.

"Language!" Steve shouts back, his inner old man shining.

"He's a big boy Steve he can swear!" I chime in, earning chuckles from Tony.

But Steve doesn't chuckle back, he's focused on the mission seeing as his serious tone is the one that answers my comment, "JARVIS what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some sort of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond that of any Hydra base we've taken." Jarvis' robotic voice responds to the Captain.

I fly into the battle, plowing through ten Hydra soldiers as I make my entrance. I then create a giant wall in front of me and push it outwards at incoming soldiers. I've knocked out 21 so far.