18. You're Flawless.

It was about twelve in the morning... I couldn't sleep. Honestly, I had no idea why.  All of a sudden, my phone starts to vibrate next to me, and I pick it up.

"Hello?" I croak into the phone.

"Avery?!" Baileys high pitched voice shouts.

"Yea..."

"The date with Danny was perfect!! I got home an hour ago and I tried to sleep, but I had to tell someone about it, so I called you! He took me to the pier and we went on a ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. It was gorgeous!" She gushed.

I chuckle. "That sounds like it was a lovely date, Bailey. You think he's going to take you on another one?"

"He better! I really like him Ave, you know what that feels like."

I smile. "Yea I do... Speaking of that, I should probably head to sleep. School tomorrow, right?"

Bailey groans about school and she eventually hangs up the phone.

      I put my phone down on my nightstand and plug it in to charge. I scurry out of my room and tip toe across the hall into Ryder room. I gently slide into bed next to him, and Ryder's eyes instantly flutter open. He breathes a sigh of relief once he realizes it's me.  He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls my back against his chest.

"What's the matter, love?" He asks, his husky voice whispering in my ear.

I shudder from his breath that fans down my neck. "I just couldn't sleep. That's all."

      I sigh in comfort and snuggle closer to his warm body. Ryder kisses the base of my neck lightly, and I can feel his smile. 

"Well, I'm glad I could be of service to you." He whispers.

I nod my head and my eyes start to droop shut.

The last thing I remember is the steady beat of Ryder's heart.

• • •

      The next morning I wake with a strong arm around my waist.  I open my eyes and groan from the sunlight that is streaming into the dark-walled room. I feel breathing fan down the back of my neck and I shiver. Turning around, I smile at the sight of Ryder sleeping peacefully. He looks so calm and collected while he was sleeping; almost as if he were two years younger. Speaking of that... Ryder's birthday was in a couple days, and I have no clue what to get him. I'll have to figure something out. I didn't realize I was staring until I heard a chuckle.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." His husky voice teases.

I raise my eyebrow. "I'm not allowed to stare at my handsome boyfriend?"

Ryder's cheeks turn a bright shade of red. "As long as I can stare at my beautiful girlfriend."

      I blush and playfully shove him, sitting up in bed. Ryder's arm snakes back around my waist and he pulls me flush against his chest. 

"You aren't going anywhere..." He deep voice whispers into my ear.

"O-oh yea?" I challenge with a shaky voice.

His voice is amused. "Yea."

I giggle as he spins me around and brings his lips to mine. Fireworks go off with every touch he sends through my body. If this is what love is, I'm enjoying every second of it.