26. Held Up.

"God, I wanna marry you."

      My eyes widen and I suck in a breath. Slowly but surely I turn around, my big eyes staring up into his.

      Ryder stares at me in shock and I see his cheeks turn bright red. He looks away bashfully.

Gently, I reach up and tilt
his head to look at me. "Hey, it's okay," I whisper up at him.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were asleep..." He rambles, trying to find words to say. 

      I bring my finger up to his lips, silencing him, "I don't know why you're so worried. I can't see anyone else I'd want to spend the rest of my life with."

      Ryder's eyes pierce into my own as he softly moves my finger from his lips. In one swift motion, he crashes his lips to mine. Our kiss was filled with love, passion, lust, and sincerity. Ryder stops to catch his breath and caresses my cheek.

His blue orbs give away his emotions.

"Damn," he breathes, "I love you."

• • •

I woke up the next morning in complete bliss.  It's nice knowing that the love of your life is sleeping soundly right next to you. I shift around and look at Ryder's sleeping face. Smiling, I caress his cheek.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Ryder teases, his voice husky.

I chuckle and pull my hand away. Ryder whines and pulls me close to him. "Do that face rubbing thing again," he whispers.

I smile and try to sit up, "Sorry babe, but we have to get ready for school."

Ryder groans and shoves a pillow on top of his face. I laugh and stand up, making my way to my room.

I smile as I think over the things that had happened last night. I feel as if what Ryder had said made us closer, if possible. I rummage through my closet and look for something warm to wear, the temperatures turning frigid.

      We are almost into the new year, making the weather cold and brisk

      We are almost into the new year, making the weather cold and brisk. I decided on this cute tan jacket that flared out around the waist. I slip on a white scarf and zip up some nice knee-high boots.

      I walk into the kitchen to see Ryder chilling with Munchkin on the couch. He looked up and smiled at me, making my heart flutter. He looked amazing today, with a nice pair of jeans and a dark shirt, bringing out the vibrant blue in his eyes.