{2}

Belle Reve Beauty

{•}{}{•}

"Wakey wakey, Vani. It's chow time."

Shivani lifted her head up from her knees, shifting her body on the fake rocks. 10 months she'd been locked up in the Belle Reve Penitentiary. Her cell was underneath the prison, where it was dark and moist. Purple light shinned through the darkroom giving it an eerie glow. The whole thing was made of bricks and metal, plants and flowers from her once small garden had taken over and transformed into a little habit for her. It made her feel somewhat at ease in this place when she was surrounded by nature. The door to her cell screeches opens up as a guard walked in with a cup in hands. They placed it on the ground before walking back out. Watching her.

A vine wrapped around it and lifted it up in the air bringing it over to her. Shivani took it and inspected its contents. The liquid was brown and it didn't look appetizing at all. But she wasn't hungry, and there was no way in hell she was going to eat that garbage. Tossing the cup it hit the brick wall and the brown smoothie splats onto the stone floor. This would be the fourth time this week she refused her meal.

There were approaching footsteps and soon tapping on the bars. It was the head guard that had the ALPHA01 stamped on his chest.

"Well well, if it isn't the Belle Reve beauty

"Well well, if it isn't the Belle Reve beauty." Griggs grinned at her with through the bars.

Belle Reve beauty. It was a nickname given her the first day they threw her in here. She didn't like him one bit. He was creepy and he disgusted her. His eyes caught sight of the cup and her mess letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Are you refusing to eat? Again? After three weeks of actual progress. You know how this will go down, don't you inmate?"

Shivani said nothing. Griggs pursed his lips before looking at the two guards beside him and chuckled.

"Alright boys, she wants the Quinn special!"

The metal door was flung back open and the guards came in and grabbed her arms forcing her up and she fought against them. Vines quickly came out from the dark and started whipping at their hands and neck making them gasp at the pain. Finally, after 15 red lashes later one of them put their arms over hers and the other grabbed her feet bringing her out of the cage away from the hostile plants and following Griggs down the hall.

Soon she was strapped down onto a metal chair from her head to her legs. A plastic tube was forced up her nose and needles were stuck into her skin, pumping a green substance into her veins. On a tray were three bowls and three tubs filled with pink, white and brown liquid.

"What do we got? Give her a shot of some vanilla and chocolate. It's her favorite." Griggs said.

A mixture of brown and white shot up the tube and right into her nose. It didn't smell as good as it sounded. And the liquid was very thick going down and made her nostrils burned. Shivani had to remind herself over and over to breath through her mouth. She flexed her fingers as she took deep breaths, her body squirming in discomfort. Griggs came from the side and into her eyesight with a stern expression.

"It is my job to make sure that you live. Even if you bitch about it and don't want to at all. Do you understand me?!"

They gave her two more shots after. Tears welled up in her eyes. It felt like hours before it was finally over. The second the needles and tubes were removed from her body she wants to puke. But the green serum injection prevented her from doing so. She had to thank Batman for that. They wheeled her back to her cell. Undoing the straps she fell on her knees to the ground.

"That'll keep you good and full. Do that shit again and there will consequences!"

The door slammed shut and she was left alone. Shivani crawled over to where she sat before on the rocks. Bringing her knees back up to her chest she traced the flower-shaped birthmark on her left wrist.  If her family had known the day she was born what she was. What becomes of her powers. What she'd do. What she shouldn't have ever done. A vine slithered across the ground and wrapping around her arm and wiping the tear from her eye while giving a comforting squeeze. Resting her head on her knees she drifts off to sleep thinking that tomorrow would just be like any other day here for her.

She didn't think she'd get a visit from the Devil herself.