IV. Sharing of Wits

To all my SwanQueen shippers! I so deeply apologize to have made it gone this long in writing the next chapter! OMG... I can't believe it's been more than a year, but anyway... I do hope you guys are not upset with me. ^_^ Thank you so much for the wonderful feedbacks! They really helped motivate me to take the time to continue with writing magic!

[Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from ABC's hit show, ONCE UPON A TIME.]

"This class is not just about learning psychology, but understanding it," Regina's voice boomed over the silent room, commanding attention. "Your assignment is to conduct research on any individual you find interesting. Observe and comprehend social interactions, and if you choose, you may speak with your subject. However, I will not tolerate any reports of trespassing, harassment, or worse, arrests. Conduct your research in an appropriate manner. Do I make myself clear?"

The room remained silent, Regina's words hanging heavily in the air. "I'll take that silence as a yes. Are there any questions?" Regina scanned the room, but no one dared to speak up. Some cleared their throats nervously, while others shifted in their seats. Regina nodded, a slight curl of her lips indicating satisfaction, before returning to her desk. "Class dismissed."

With those final words, the tension in the room dissipated as students began gathering their belongings, eager to leave the classroom.

As the class dispersed towards the exit, Emma remained fixated on her new professor, lost in thoughts of their first encounter.

"Well, that was an interesting opening lecture," Ruby remarked, turning to her friends for approval. "She's one hot mama, though, isn't she?"

"I'm not sure if 'mama' is the right term, but she's definitely captivating," Belle agreed, packing her things into her bag. "Don't you agree, Ems?"

Still lost in thought, Emma didn't respond when Ruby interrupted her daydreaming. "Okay, Ems, PILF said we gotta go."

"PILF?" Belle asked, puzzled by the sudden acronym.

"P.I.L.F.," Ruby explained with a grin. "You know, like 'professor-I'd-like-to—'"

Belle cut her off, realizing what Ruby was about to say. "Okay, I get it. You don't have to say it."

"You agree, don't you, Ems?" Ruby turned to Emma for confirmation, proud of herself.

"Yeah, she is rather captivating," Emma replied with a shrug, but her full attention remained on the new professor.

"We get it, Ems, you're obsessed," Ruby teased, noticing Emma's fixation.

"I'm not obsessed," Emma defended. "She's just...different."

Emma noticed that her friends were catching onto her fixation. Ruby found it the perfect opportunity to tease her friend. "Ah, different... Sure, that's one way to put it."

"One way to put what?" Emma was now in full-blown defensive mode. "There's nothing to put...it."

"Oh yeah, uh-huh," Ruby joked. "You know, Ems, the way you gawk at someone gives you away. It's like the world around you stops and you're in this twilight zone with just you and your crush."

"She's not a crush," Emma said, maintaining her defense. Without a doubt, Emma knew that her best friends knew her well enough to read her every move like a champion chess master. She tried to contain her blush, but it was futile. "She's just really... knowledgeable. You know?"

"Okay," Ruby smirked, pretending to agree with her oblivious friend.

"Girls, we should get going. Our next class is... oh wait," Belle interrupted, attentively looking over her assessment form with her eyebrows furrowed. "We're not in the same class next period."