IV

Piper's POV

I walk down the hallway after the day ends and I crash into a demigod I've never seen before. Her books fall to the floor.

"Uh, hi. Sorry." I mutter. I start to help her pick up the books that I made her drop. She gives me a grateful smile.

"Hello! Thanks for helping me! I'm Vanessa, daughter of Demeter." 

"I'm Piper, daughter of Aphrodite. Are you new?"

"Yeah. Actually, I just started last week. And- woah, who is that?" Vanessa squeals.

I turn around to look in the direction she is looking at.

Jason.

Vanessa runs up to him. 

"OMG, you are so hot! Who are you?" She giggles.

"Uh, I'm Jason Grace, son of Jupiter."

"Hi, Jason. I'm Vanessa, daughter of Demeter. Can you imagine? One day, you can be King of the Sky, and I could be Queen of the Earth. It would be perfect. If only we can find another hot guy to rule the water. He'd be the son of Poseidon. Or Neptune. He'd be the guardian, because there's only one king and queen!" She announces. Poor Percy. Annabeth is going to blow when she find out what Vanessa said.

"Uh, I'm not interested." He gives me a look that clearly means: Sorry. I flash him a grateful smile.

Vanessa whips her head around and gives me a look of disgust. I roll my eyes. She seems unfazed.

"Well, Jason. Here's my number. If you ever change your mind, give me a call. Any girl would be lucky to have you." She puts her hand on Jason's arm. 

Jason tries to brush her off, but she just stands there, batting her eyelashes. Lame. Anger boils inside me.

I run towards them.

"Back off " I growl. 

Vanessa frowns, but pulls away. 

She gives Jason one last smile and runs off giggling.

I shake my head. Jason puts his arm around me and plants a kiss on my cheek. I smile. We start walking out the school to meet the rest of our friends. 

I turn around briefly and see Vanessa, her mouth dangling open as she watches us.

Yeah, she gets it. 

Jason is mine.