XVII

Edward's POV

I have to run really fast so I could make it to the Senate meeting on time. If I'm late, Reyna will not be in a good mood.

Speaking of good moods, my mood couldn't be any better. I got the courage to ask Maya to the dance, and she said yes! She seemed really happy about it, and I am glad.

I sprint across Camp Jupiter and I burst through the door of the Senate room. I am the fifth one to arrive. Reyna nods at me approvingly. The others that are there are Frank, Hazel and Jason.

Two minutes later, all the others come in. There are now about 30 people, since the demigod council is here. 

"Everyone, quiet down. We are going to start. We only have a couple of hours, and we have lots to cover." Reyna's demanding voice makes us all close our mouths and listen.

We plan for a long time; about 1 hour and 45 minutes. By then, most of us have lost our sanity. 

"Please listen, everyone!" All of us snap back to reality.

"Anyways," Reyna continues. "All of you guys must go to the dance to help out and have fun, of course. However, because all of us Senators/Centurions are going to be sticking around together, you must go with someone else who is in the Senate or on the demigod council."

Wait, what?

"If there is any problem, talk to me after." Her eyes fix us with a stern look, daring us to object.

None of us do, but I am tempted.

"You are dismissed." All of the demigods file out of the room with laughter and chatter. Reyna turns around to leave too, but she notices that I am still in the room, leaning against the wall. 

I stare at the wall blankly, pretending not to notice her.

"Is something wrong?" She asks, narrowing her eyes. I have no choice but to answer her.

"It's just about the part when you said that we have to go to the dance with someone who is in the Senate, and..." I mumble, unable to complete my sentence. What am I supposed to tell Maya?

She sighs.

"Who were you planning to go with?"

I shift uncomfortably.

"I asked Maya today, and she said yes. I was really excited to go with her, so after you said... oh, never mind."

She bites her bottom lip and tilts her head from side to side, as if she's weighing the options. She probably is.

I can tell that she is thinking.

"I'll tell you what," She says after a long time. "I'll let you go with Maya. But do no tell anyone else, because I will make no more exceptions. Do not let anyone find out until the dance; I will deal with that matter when the time comes. Good luck, Edward. I have to go."

I am surprised. Reyna never makes exceptions for these things. But she did, and I'm not going to complain.

I walk out the door to go find Maya.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for now!

I'm having another Q & A next week, so if you have any questions, feel free to comment them. 

They can be any questions as long as they are appropriate.

In Canada where I live, today is Thanksgiving, so happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians out there!

I am so thankful for this many reads, nice comments, and votes on this story! You guys are awesome!

<3, The Queen of Procrastination