XIII

Maya's POV

I walk down the hallway of Demigod High. Why oh why do I have to be the new student? Everyone knows each other really well. Except for me.

I decide to push my nervousness aside and replace it with another feeling.

Excitement.

I've never been to an official school before, and this is my chance to prove myself worthy.

I see a girl with pretty blond hair heading towards the front door and I run to her. She doesn't notice me at first since her back is facing me. 

I reach her and tap her on the shoulder. She turns around with a  slight smile on her face.

Wow. I wish I was as beautiful as her.

She has slightly tanned but mostly pale skin and blue-grey eyes that seem both fierce and dazzling. They sparkle in the light.

"Hi, I'm Maya. I'm new here. I'm the daughter of Fortuna." I introduce. I sound like an idiot, but what can I do about it? 

Her smile widens.

"Nice to meet you, Maya. I'm Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena. Please don't shorten my name in any way." She says, the last part pained.

We talk for a while, and she tells me about the school and her childhood. She tells me about the other camp, Camp Half-Blood. 

After our long conversation, I realize she's a really good friend.

Soon, we are joined by another extremely pretty girl. Piper McLean. Her eyes stand out from the rest of her. Unlike my dull, boring eyes, her's change colour like a kaleidoscope.

Annabeth and Piper are amazing.

But soon, my vision gets carried away to something behind those two.

Correction: someone behind those two.

"Who is that?" I ask shakily. I can't help it.

Annabeth turns around and looks in the direction I'm staring at.

"That," She announces, blushing. "Is Percy Jackson."

-----------------------------------------------------------

You know where this is going!

But I promise, Maya's nice! She won't affect Percabeth too much... for now, at least.

<3, The Queen of Procrastination