XV

I'm back for today, guys! I hope to be on more. Missed you! Anyways, this is not the best chapter/part, because I was kind of rushed. I was busy today, but I decided that I needed to update for you guys, so here it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward's POV

My life is pretty awesome. That is definitely not the word to describe the life of an average demigod, but it's true. I have a good spot in the Senate, great friends, and decent grades.

I am counting off the list of things I need to do today, when a girl comes up to me.

It's Maya.

I'm not going to say I don't like her, because that would be a flat-out lie.

"Hi, Edward."

"How's it going, Maya?"

"I'm okay. Anyways..." She looks pretty nervous. 

Do I make her nervous? 

"Hehe," Was my brilliant reply.

Suddenly, there is an announcement.

ATTENTION, ALL DEMIGODS OF DEMIGOD HIGH. THIS FRIDAY, THERE WILL BE A DANCE FROM 7:00 P.M TO 10:00 P.M. THIS WILL TAKE PLACE AT NEW ROME. THE BATH HOUSE IS OPEN FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE IT. YOU MAY WANDER AROUND, BUT JOIN US AT 8:30 FOR THE ACTUAL DANCE, FIREWORKS AND OTHER REFRESHMENTS ON THE BEACH. AT THE VERY END, THERE WILL BE SPEECHES FROM PRAETORS REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO AND FRANK ZHANG. DEMIGOD COUNCIL, PLEASE MEET AT THE SENATE ROOM AFTER SCHOOL WHERE WE WILL HAVE A PROPER MEETING REGARDING THE DANCE. THANK YOU.

Oh my gods. A dance?

I hear squealing down the hall, and it is clear that Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Jason, Leo, Calypso, Hazel and Frank are all going. I bet everyone is going to be there. With a date. 

Then a girl who I don't even know comes up to me and giggles uncontrollably.

"Want to go to the dance with me? I'm-"

"Vanessa?" I guess. I don't know how that popped into my head, but Leo Valdez told me to stay clear of her. 

She twirls her hair around her finger.

"You like me, don't you? That's why you know my name? Well, I'll tell you what. You're not bad looking at all. Kind of like Jason Grace. I'll meet you on Friday after school, okay?"

Uh, what? When did I say yes to that? 

"No, no! I mean, I'm sorry. But I'm going with someone." I quickly say.

"Who?" She raises her eyebrows at me.

"It's a secret."

"Oh. Oh, well. Fine. See you around, hunk." She flips her hair over her shoulder and walks off.

I snort. What a hooker.

"Who are you going with?" Maya asks me. Her expression is really serious and kind of sad.

How do I explain that I wanted to ask her?

Someone else appears behind me, wanting to talk to me, and I have no choice but to blurt it out to her.

"Will you go to the dance with me?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the end!

Sorry for the cliffhanger, I couldn't resist it. 

<3, The Queen of Procrastination