XIX

Edward's POV

Wow. I'm so glad I asked her on this date.

I mean, I'm afraid I'll screw up. She's the first person I've ever liked, in this way, and I don't want to ruin it on our first night.

After finishing our dinner, which was delicious, I take her outside.

"Gelato?" I ask her, and she gives me a huge smile.

I take that as a yes, and we go to the nearest store that sells ice cream.

"What can I get you?" A kind old man behind the counter asks.

"Hmm, mint chocolate chip for me." I say. Yum.

He nods and gives me a generous amount of ice cream.

"What do you want, Maya?" 

I can tell that she is thinking, and I give her time.

"Stracciatella," She decides. "Thank you."

(Who else loves Stracciatella?)

We take our ice cream and find a seat in the garden of Bacchus. I sit down on a bench and she slides next to me. 

"I can't believe you're doing this for me, Edward." Maya sighs happily and looks me in my eyes.

I lean closer to Maya, so her head is on my chest.

"I would do anything for you." I tell her, and it is true.

I close my eyes and enjoy this moment: her warmth, the delight and flavour of my ice cream, the warm breeze making my hair blow, everything.

"Hey, Edward?" She asks suddenly, with a stern look on her face.

"Yeah?"

"You're amazing. And... I just wish that I met you earlier. Thanks for finding me."

She leans her head on my shoulder, and I tell her something with absolute certainty.

"It was the best choice of my life."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it: part 2! Any Edmaya shippers out there? I hoped you like this. Stay tuned for part 3!

I was in a rush to write this. We were out of the country for the past week. I was trying to upload this way earlier (on Wednesday) but I was really busy and somehow, this chapter got deleted. So... I'm sorry that it was so short.

I forgot to say this before, but hope y'all had a great Halloween! Comment down below your favourite candy/chocolate. 

<3, The Queen of Procrastination