three

song I recommend for this chapter: Remembering Sunday (unplugged) by All Time Low

Christmas is looming, it's only eight days away but still, I venture to the coffee shop as often as I can and sit with Violet. 

Today is no different as I see her sitting in a black, woolly jumper and some burgundy jeans. 

"Hey." I greet her, sitting across from her as usual.

She smiles at me, but I see something different in her eyes.

"You okay?" I ask, stirring my tea.

She shrugs, the sleeves of her jumper pulled over her hands.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I question.

"No, I don't." She shakes her head.

"What are your plans for Christmas?" I change the subject.

"I usually just stay home." She answers, quietly.

"What? Do you not go home, see your family?" I see I've hit a nerve as her face changes.

"No, I don't go home much." She mumbles.

I know I'm pushing it when I ask, "how come?"

I'm surprised when she answers, "I don't get on with my mum."

"Oh." I simply say.

"Yeah, it's great." She sarcastically says, but I hear the force of it in her voice.

"Do you not have any brothers or sisters?" I question and I know I've crossed the line when I see her eyes water slightly.

"No." She whispers.

Her sketch pad sits in front of her and I see she's drawn something but can't make it quite out. 

"I'm gonna go to the toilet, two seconds." She mumbles, getting up and walking towards the back of the shop before disappearing behind a door.

I swivel the sketch pad around and see it's a drawing of a street, one house sticks out as the rest are drawn kind of sloppily, but this one has every minor detail on it. Two baskets of flowers hang on either side of the front door, which is large and coloured in red, the number '34' on the front of it. A fence surrounds the house and a small gate is open, windows are drawn with a lattice effect on them, curtains are open in all of the windows except one. I look to the bottom of the page and see she's signed it: 'V.Skilton'.

Violet Skilton.

I turn the sketch pad back around and she comes back in less than a minute. 

We talk for another hour before I realise the time and know I'm making a video with JJ. I say goodbye to her and rush home, I run up the stairs two at a time and quickly type her name in to the search bar of Google. Nothing shows up, I take 'Violet' out of the search and come up with an article.

'Schoolboy, aged thirteen, jumps to death.'

I suddenly feel my body freeze.

'yesterday, as Farnham was quiet and school was just being let out for the summer holidays, a thirteen year old boy jumped to his death from his school roof. Charlie Skilton, who has been called 'a dear friend' and a 'sad loss' to the school, was named as the boy...'

She had a brother.

I scroll down and find a picture of Charlie, he's grinning in his royal blue school uniform. His dimples are like Violet's and his eyes are the same misty colour as hers. He looks happy.

I sit back in my chair and go over what I've learned.

No wonder she didn't want me to know her last name.

I arrive at the coffee shop the next day, knowing this is the last day I'll be coming for a while since I'm going home to see my parents for the holidays. 

I grab my drink and walk towards her. She looks lonely.

"Hey." I sit down, she looks up and smiles.

"Hi." She greets.

"How are you doing?" I ask, taking a sip of my tongue-scalding tea.

She nods, "I'm alright."

"You still not going home for the holidays?" I question.

"No, I don't want to go home, I'm happy here." She answers.

"I got you something." I announce, bringing my bag to my lap and unzipping it, sliding out wrapped gift.

"You didn't have to get me anything." She smiles.

"I wanted to." I laugh, sliding the gift across the table to her.

"Can I open it now?" She grins.

"Go for it." I smile at her child-like eagerness.

She unwraps the paper, making sure not to tear it and delicately placing pieces she's torn in a pile next to her. The process is very intricate. She finally opens it and grins.

"You got me a new sketch pad?" She laughs, smiling.

"Thought you could use a new one, that one's looking a bit old." I laugh, nodding to her other sketch pad.

"Thank you." She mumbles, seeming like she's never received a present.

"It's alright, I mean, I just wanted to get you something." I shrug, still smiling.

"Oh, I didn't get you anything." She realises, looking up at me.

"I don't care." I smile, shaking my head.

"Give me your phone." She smiles, I slide it out of my pocket and cautiously unlock it and hand it over to her.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Giving you my number." She bites her lip, typing the number in to my phone.

"Oh, so now I've earned it." I chuckle.

She looks at me and smiles, "you definitely have."

A/N This chapter is rubbish and short but NEW INFORMATION HAS BEEN REVEALED OMG, anyways, tell me if you guys like this and comment some stuff that you'd like to see happen, I like suggestions since I usually end up having too many ideas and never continue writing because I give up choosing:(:(:(

SO YEAH THANKS HAVE A GREAT DAY YOU'RE ALL GREAT!:D