Chapter Eight

Paige's POV

  "I'm home!"

  "Looks like mom is home!"

  "Paige, I may get in trouble for not stopping you but once she finds out you're doing it AGAIN she's gonna put you in a mental hospital, so it's your loss."

  I didn't think of that, a mental hospital? I can't do that.

  "Shit, okay this never happened?"

  "Yep, I got some thing on you and you got something me so truce."

  "Yeah."

  "Okay, here put this rag on your arm and put your jacket back on! HURRY!"

  I quickly wrapped my arm with the rag and grabbed my jacket off a chair and put it on right before mom walked in the kitchen.

  "Hey girls, everything okay?"

  We both looked at eachother then looked away.

  "Yeah we're... You know, cool." I said

  "Yeah totally cool?" Brooke said

  "Totally?" Mom said confused.

  "I'm gonna go upstairs and text Nick about this Friday's dance! So bye!"

  I tried to sneak out of the kitchen because I need to clean my wrist. But my mom of course had to talk to me.

  "Paige?"

  "Yes mom, can you make it quick, I have homework and stuff."

  "Are you going to the dance?"

  "No."

  "Why not?"

  "Dances are boring."

  "Oh, okay."

  "Yeah well I have homework, so talk to you later."

  "Paige, wait!" But I was already up the stairs.

  Why would I go to the dance? Tomorrow is Thursday and the dance is on Friday and I'm to lazy to go. I'm just going to go to sleep early.

              Maddie's POV

  *On the phone*

  "Hey, Chloe."

  "Hey what's up?"

  "We should set Zack and Paige up?"

  "Yes totally! But how are we going to do that?"

  "I'll call Zack. I'm coming over and Zack is coming too!"

  "No problem, see you?"

  "At 8:45, so fifteen minutes. See you then."

  "Later."

  I call Zack.

  "Hey Zack, can you hang out in fifteen minutes?"

  "Yeah sure, where at?"

  "Chloe's house?"

  "Sure, see you there in fifteen."

  "Bye."

  I show up at Chloe's house to find Chloe and Zack.

  "Okay so what's the plan?" Chloe asked.

  "Wait what plan?" Zack asked.

  "Oh you'll see." I said.

        Paige's POV

  BEEP BEEP BE- I slammed my alarm off and got out of bed and into the shower. I put on some regular clothes and of course a jacket, went down stairs and grabbed some breakfast and headed out the door and onto the bus.

  I got to school and to my locker to grab my books when Zack walked by, he gave me a little smile and a nod but nothing else, not even a 'hi' or a 'hello'. Of course, now he thinks he's to cool to even talk to me because he is with the most popular girl in the school, Chloe.

  *Skip to the end of school*

  "Hey, Paige please come over and go dress shopping with me." Chloe said.

  "Um, I'm busy and-"

  "Oh come on Paige, you're not busy."

  "The dance is tomorrow and you don't have a dress?"

 "You don't either."

  "Yeah, because I'm not going."

  "Oh you're going!"

  "What's the point? Every body has a date and I don't so I will be left out."

  "Who has dates?"

  "Maddie and Brayden, Alex and Nia, Tommy and Kenzie (because you're allowed into dances if some one who goes to that school invites you), and you and Zack!"

  "I'm going with Josh? Did you forget that we have been dating for two years?"

  "Oh yeah right, sorry I forgot. So who is Zack going with then?"

  "I don't know, some girl he really likes."

  "Oh cool!'

  "Yeah, so please come, for me? PLEASSSSSEEEEE?"

  "Okay I guess."

  "Okay lets go find dresses!"

  "Ugh, fine."

  "It'll be fun!"

  "Sure."

  We went to DressMart. It was kind of fun trying on different dresses. Chloe walked out wearing a bright pink dress and she looked beautiful, like seriously. Chloe said that was her dress and it was my turn to find mine. I tried on a bunch of different ones and I didn't like any of them, at all. I finally tried on one last dress which was baby blue (My favorite color) and it was perfect. I felt a little bit like I was pretty but it didn't last long because I had to take the dress off. We paid for our dresses and drove back to my house to drop me off.

  I think I'll just put my dress anyway for some occasion and just skip out on the dance. I will be like the fiftieth wheel and totally left out. Yeah, I'm just going to skip out. It's about nine so I decided to go to bed.

  BEEP BEEP BEEP. I turned my alarm off and just decided to stay home today. I slept until noon, I decided to call Miss Abby to see if I could have private today since we had the past two weeks off. She said yes so I ran upstairs and put on a purple top with black bottoms and headed out the door. My parents decided to car pool today so my moms car is still here. No will notice if I just take a five minute drive, will they? Who cares, I pick up the keys and hop in. I pull into the studio.

  "Hello, Paige."

  "Miss Abby."

  "I'm glad you asked for a private."

  "Me too."

  I started with some stretches then I went into some dance routines and so on. I had a great time hanging out with just Miss Abby because she wasn't so grumpy.

  "Thank you Miss Abby for the private."

  "Anytime, Paige."

  I drove home and changed into a pair of shorts and a baggy shirt, took my glasses off and just relaxed on the couch. BEEP BEEP. I checked my phone.

  "PAIGE! EMERGENCY AT THE PARK! HURRY UP AND GET HERE NOW! -Maddie"

  Great now what?