Chapter 7-Where the Fuck did Merle go

We walk silently through the back alleys of Atlanta until we get to the department store, and silently move through the store being careful of any walkers that might be lurking around the next corner. There's on but she's moving slow, Rick uses hand signals to tell Daryl to kill it.

"Damn. You are one ugly skank." He says then releases a bolt into her brain, killing her dead. {A/N If you get that reference ily} He pulls out the bolt and it squelches. making me gag. we continue through the store then make it to the staircase, we all run up. Rick gets T to cut the lock then he unthreads the chain from the door, Daryl kicks it open and runs forward.

"Merle! Merle!" He doesn't get a response though because Merle isn't there all that's left is a bloody hacksaw and severed hand-Merle's severed hand. "No! No! No! No! No!" Daryl's yelling and his face is scrunched up, he can't help but let a couple tears fall, He's pacing back and forth, trying to control his emotions it only working a bit, you don't even need to talk to him, hell you barely need to look at him to tell he's broken without his big brother. Hell I'd hug him if I knew he would hug me back and not hurt me, I mean he might not, but I don't want to risk it. Daryl seemingly has calmed down, but he's just staring at the puddle of blood. we walk closer towards him, Sam and me at the rear. All of a sudden Daryl swings around and points his crossbow at T, come on both brothers try to kill the same guy on the same bloody roof what the fuck? Rick almost immediately points his python at Daryl's head, they have a little stare down then Rick says. "I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it." Daryl lowers his crossbow, which tells rick he can lower his gun.

"You got a do-rag or something?"Daryl asks T who grabs one out of his pocket and hands it to him. "I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuffs." Daryl continues picking the severed hand up inspecting it. "Ain't that a bitch." He puts the hand in the rag and wraps it up walking over to Glenn and putting it into his backpack. Glenn's face full of disgust making me hold in a laugh.

"He must have used a tourniquet maybe his belt." I say inspecting the ground. "Be much more blood if he didn't." I say concluding.

"Where'd you learn that?" Sammy asks me. 

"Bobby." I state simply. "That man taught me more about everything than dad ever taught you or Dean." I chuckle. "There's a blood trail." I smile turning around. "We follow that we could find Merle." I look at Daryl trying to reassure him that we will find his brother. Daryl just nods.

"Let's follow it then." Rick says stating the obvious, in his authoritative leaderman voice.

"Nah I was thinking we go in the opposite direction." I roll my eyes and look at Rick, walking in the direction of the blood. "Of course we are going to follow the trail." I grumble so nobody can hear. I hear Glenn laugh and notice he's beside me and totally heard it. we go through a door and down some stairs.

"Merle? You in here?" Daryl yells a little to loud while we walk down the stairs. Nobody says anything though and we keep venturing, following Merle's blood, atleast if he got lost he'd find his way back. We walk a little further and enter a room with one female walker in it, once she hears us she turns around revealing her face, the bottom half of it gone, jaw completely obliterated and strings of muscle hanging down, gross bitch. Daryl lifts up his crossbow to shoot her but I beat him to the punch for a second time and throw my knife nailing her right between the eyes, ending her undead life. She falls to the ground with a loud thud and I retrieve my knife, Daryl Sam and I walk through the room meeting up with Rick Glenn and T. we silently move together as a group. 

"Had enough in him to take out these two sumbitches. One handed." Daryl says when we turn the corner and see two dead walkers on the ground and a bloody wrench or something. "Toughest asshole I ever met, my brother." Daryl states, he really cares about Merle.  "Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails."

"Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is." Rick says shattering the illusion that Merle was fine, just missing a hand. We continue walking through the building following the blood trail.

"Merle!" Daryls yells again, I get his brother is missing and we gotta find him but him yelling is making me wanna punch him.

"We're not alone here. Remember?" Rick reminds Daryl.

"Screw that. He could be bleeding out. You said so yourself." Daryl says as switching his weight from foot to foot, he's anxious, he's worried we'll never find Merle. We continue walking and enter a room that looks like a kitchen, the scent of burning skin fills my nostrils and I try not to gag. The stove is lit and Merle's belt is sitting next to it along with something flat that has burnt skin on it. Gross.

"What's that burned stuff?" Glenn asks as Rick picks up and examines the flat thing.

"Skin." Rick says un-phased by it. I've smelt and seen plenty of burnt skin in my time as a hunter, especially when I'm doing a salt and burn and the person still has meat on their bones, smells like shit, but it affects me every time, but Rick is weirdly not distressed or anything by it. "He cauterized the stump." He concludes.

"Told you he was tough." Daryl snarls. "Nobody can kill Merle but Merle."

"Don't take that on faith." Rick says looking down.

"He's lost a lot of blood." Sam adds.

"Yeah? Didn't stop him from busting out of this death trap." I say walking over to a small broken window that a grown man could just fit through. Damn.

"He left the building? Why the hell would he do that?" Glenn asks.

"Why wouldn't he? He's out there alone as far as he knows, doing what he's got to do. Surviving." Daryl says examining the window. Rick pops his head out the window and looks down. We are on a pretty high level, I give Merle ten points for ninja skills.

"You call that surviving? Just wandering out in the streets, maybe passing out? What are his odds out there?" T-dog asks.

"No worse than being handcuffed and left to rot by you sorry pricks." Daryl says getting angry again. "You couldn't kill him." He adds getting into Rick's face. "Ain't so worried about some dumb dead bastard."

"What about 1,000 dead dumb bastards?"Rick shoots back. "Different story?" 

"Why don't you take a tally? Do what you want. I'm gonna go get him." Daryl says turning starting to walk away.

"Daryl, wait." Rick says loudly while putting his hand against Daryl's chest and pushing him back words.

"Get your hands off me!" Daryl's yells and smacks Rick's hand down. 'You can't stop me."

"I don't blame you." Rick says, blame him for what? Getting mad? "He's family, I get that. I went through hell to find mine. I know exactly how you feel. I' m sure Kloey does too." He says looking back at me, I only nod keeping my arms crossed in front of me. "He can't get far with that injury.
We could help you check a few blocks around but only if we keep a level head." Rick says, Daryl has tears in his eyes but he's not letting them fall.

"I could do that." Daryl nods,and Rick looks over at T.

"Only if we get those guns first. I'm not strolling the streets of Atlanta with just my good intentions, okay?" He demands more than asks. We all nod.

A/N Hellooo, alright so I know it's not when I said it would be but I got caught up in my other story which you guys should also read, It's not the walking dead but it is zombies, so yea.

Hope you liked this chapter, I did want to keep writing and adding on to it, but  since it's over 1000 words already I'll just start a new chapter, which will be up soon!

Until next time, Toodaloo :).