Chapter 15 Carl's Shot?

Season 2 Episode 2

**Sam's POV**

We've been walking in the woods for a couple hours now looking for Kloey and Sophia, we found a tent with a guy who 'Opted out' and then a church with three walkers inside, but neither one of the girls could be found. After the church Shane, Rick, Dean and Carl stayed back to make sure that they thoroughly checked the area. So now the rest of us, which is the whole group minus Dale and T-dog, are going back to the highway on the other side of the river. Lori had a small break down after Andrea was snarky about the gun Rick gave her and ranted for a minute or two. After about fifteen minutes walking back and looking we hear a gunshot ring out. We all stopped, questioned what it was and then kept walking.

"You still worrying about it?"  Andrea asks Lori when she stopped randomly after another couple minutes.

"It was a gunshot." Lori says looking behind us.

"We all heard it." Daryl reassures.

"Why one. Why just one gunshot?" Lori questions.

"Maybe they took down a walker." Daryl says shrugging his shoulders.

"Please don't patronize me. You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one walker, or Shane. They'd do it quietly." Lori said.

"Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" Carol questions.

"There's nothing we can do about it, anyway. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes." Daryl growls.

"So, what do we do?" Andrea asks.

"Same as we've been. Beat the bush for Sophia, work our way back to the highway." Daryl states turning around to walk again. 

"I'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the RV." Andrea says with a small smile.

"I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel." Andrea says walking next to Carol and in front of me.

"I suppose you do" Carol smiles sadly. "Thank you. The thought of her, out here by herself It's the not knowing that's killin' me. I just keep hopin' and prayin' she doesn't wind up like Amy." She adds not realizing what she's saying. " Oh, God! That's the worst thing I ever said."

"We're all hoping and praying with you, for what it's worth." Andrea says with a small smile.

"I'll tell ya what it's worth." Daryl growls. "Not a damn thing. It's a waste of time, all this hopin' and prayin'. We're gonna locate that little girl, and Sam's sister. They are gonna be just fine. Am I the only one zen around here?" He snarls. "Good lord." He rolls his eyes and turns away smacking a branch angrily. We all follow him silently and I catch up to Glenn.

"Hey." I say and nudge his shoulder a bit.

"Huh? oh hi." He says, obviously lost in thought.

"You good?"

"Uh, yea as good as I can be I suppose." He shrugs. "Just hoping that they are ok I guess."

"We all are, but like Daryl said hoping and praying isn't gonna do anything, we keep looking for them and we will find them." I say and pat his back.

"Do you think she's ok?" He asks looking up at me.

"Yes. Like I said last night I know she's fine." 

"Ok, Thanks Sam."

"But get this, she's going to be happier to see you again then she will be to see Dean and I, maybe even Razor." I laugh.

"Really?" He asks shocked that I would even say that.

"Yea man,  I mean she does care a lot about you, and from that moment when we left the C.D.C. I can tell that you care about her too." I laugh and Glenn's face goes into shock.