Chapter 2

"We thought we were blending in well enough but apparently not." The red haired blue eyed girl known now as Reese began to explain. "Being the most popular music group in the world sure does make a normal life near impossible." She finished with a sigh.
    Olivia and her family gave each other knowing looks. They had all been in a band together, before they decided to settle down, called The Summer Roses.
     Olivia spoke up for the whole family and said, "We know exactly how you feel being famous is not an easy thing. We were once the band known as The Summer Roses. Maybe you heard of us?"
    Reese looked at her husband Winston who in turned looked at Blake who in turn looked at his wife Yara who then looked at Olivia and responded, "Heard of you?! You guys were what inspired us to become what we are now! So you guys are the Cameron's the most famous family of Seven that ever lived?!"
     Carlos chuckled and Olivia elbowed him and he just kept at it.
    "What's so funny?" Yara asked confused about Carlos' behavior.
    "One we aren't just the Cameron's anymore, and two we aren't even famous anymore." Carlos said and continued to chuckle. Yara looked at Carlos with even more disappointment it was obvious she thought they were the best thing ever. Olivia smacked Carlos on the arm and he looked at her like it had actually hurt even though it didn't.
     "Carlos can I talk to you for a moment?" Olivia said standing up heading towards the kitchen.
    Carlos looked at the company and shrugged his shoulders not moving from his seat.
    "Now Carlos!" Olivia yelled from the kitchen.
    Carlos got up quick and pretty much ran to the kitchen. As he entered the kitchen he felt a slap on the face leaving a small red mark.
    "What the heck do you think your doing! You just crushed her happy fantasy!" Olivia was yelling at him. She was always one to care for others.
    "I'm sorry I was just telling her the truth." Carlos said rubbing his slapped cheek.
    "Are you kidding me you were laughing at her or at least that's probably what she took from your reaction to her comments!" She was really upset and Carlos could tell.
    He didn't realize he'd hurt Olivia by just telling Yara the truth. Olivia always hated telling the truth to anybody because of their childhood. "I'm sorry Liv I didn't realize what I was doing, can you forgive me?"
    Olivia's face softened and her muscles relaxed. "No Carlos you shouldn't be sorry I should be. I shouldn't have smacked you." They both showed a knowing looked and walked back to the living room where everyone was still sitting.
     "Carlos what did you do to your face!" Lisa practically screamed.
    He smiled at her and very calmly said, "At the speed I was going I didn't realize how far the wall I ran into was." Carlos then started to laugh and Olivia joined him cause they both knew Lisa didn't believe him at all. "I'm kidding Lisa! Lighten up! Olivia just knocked some sense into me!" He continued to laugh his head off while Lisa just looked annoyed with him. Lisa stormed off to what they assumed would be her bedroom and everyone else started laughing.
    Reese spoke up and asked, "Is she always like that?"
    Carlos nodded unable to speak through his laughter. "Mommy can be a hot head," little Casey spoke up, "at least that's what daddy says."
    "Casey that was supposed to be our little secret!" Carlos whined. Everyone laughed at him including little Casey.
     Olivia eyed the tall brunette man in the corner. "Hey Reese whose your friend in the corner?"
    Reese looked in the direction she was pointing and answered, "Oh that's Ryan our manager and bandmate he's a nice guy. He actually lets us live in his house since he originally wanted a bigger family and has like 5 or more rooms in his house. Why do you ask?"
    "He just looks so distracted."
     "He's always been like that ever since he found us." Reese looked sad and who could blame her you'd think he'd be at least paying attention to the conversation.
    Olivia stood up, "Will you excuse me for a moment?" and walked towards Ryan.
    He was looking at the old family portrait that hung in the living room, "Is that you? You look almost the same." He looked from the picture to her then back to the picture.
    "What do you mean I look 'almost' the same?"
    "You look a whole lot happier in this portrait than you do now," he responded nonchalantly like it was a no brainer, "I recognize everyone else but are those adults your parents?"
     "Why are you being so nosy? Huh why are you asking so many questions?!" Olivia was about to explode and everyone was watching the argument.
    "Liv calm down, he doesn't understand, just let it go." Carlos said calmly and walking slowly towards her.
    "He doesn't understand, how does that make him any less annoying asking about our parents!" With that she lunged at Ryan and Carlos jumped in front of him and grabbed her.
        "Olivia calm down, go upstairs and calm yourself down!" He walked her over to the stairs and released her. She sighed, gave Ryan and Carlos a death glare and walked upstairs.
    "She isn't going to kill me is she?" Ryan asked concerned about his life.
    "No... in a couple hours... she'll be fine and... hopefully she'll go to bed for once." Carlos responded in between breathes.