Chapter 13

Ryan smiled to himself when she called out to him. He then continued when he thought about seeing his mother and sister after all these years. "You look awfully chipper today sir!" One of the flight attendants mentioned smiling.
"Yes I'm very happy." He went to his first class seat in the plane and buckled up as the plane began to take off.
When he arrived in Impar, Nevada he saw a giant sign being held with his name on it. "Well this is a welcome party!" He exclaimed and embraced his now smiling sister, Rachel.
"Well I was kinda forced to come and get you but I am so excited to see you!" Rachel exclaimed  bouncing a bit.
"You know if mom saw you acting like this she'd yell at you to stop." There mom was a bit of a perfectionist and liked things done her way, which meant to act regal and proper.
"I know but I have to get some excitement out before we get to the house. Come on Raphie's waiting for us."
"He still works for you?"
"Yeah remember he was kinda raised with mom and he's loyal to the core." They walked up to a fancy black limousine and got inside.
"Afternoon Master Hart." Raphie greeted.
"How many times do I have to tell you Raphie call me Ryan." Ryan explained frustrated at him.
"I'm sorry Ryan but you know your mother always wants proper greetings." With that they drove off to the house. It had been for ever since he came for a visit.
"Welcome home Ryan." Rachel said as they pulled in the driveway to a big fancy mansion-like house.
"You know this isn't permanent Rachel, you know my place is in Cittu and with my band."
"I know Mom on the other hand." They chuckled at the thought. When they got inside it was being filled with the lovely sound of a piano piece.
"One, two, three. One, two, three. Marcus pick up your feet. Stop! It's a waltz your supposed to dance with passion!" Inside the living room was the siblings mother her fiery red hair in a tight bun. "You know what take five get a drink a bite to eat, then get back here." The two young teenagers left the room and so did the older man at the piano.
"Mom is this a bad time?" Rachel slowly approached her mother and sat down.
"They'll never be ready, how is it that I was able to teach you and your brother how to waltz yet these two can't seem to get it." Rachel rubbed her arm and hugged her softly.
"Well maybe it's a good thing I'm here then." Ryan said as he sat down next to his mother. Her blue eyes lit up and she smiled and hug him.
"I actually forgot you were coming today. Ah Marcus I want you to dance with Rachel this time around and Lauren you dance with Ryan. Ready?" She looked at the pianist and he nodded and began to play. "Alright, one, two, three..."
"See you two next week!" Ryan's mother, also known as Kristen, exclaimed as they left. "Well that was the best I've seen them dance since they started!" Kristen smiled at the siblings.
"Well I'm glad I could help mom but where's Lea?"
As if on cue Lea ran down stairs and smiled when she saw her dad, "Daddy!" She ran up and hugged her dad and was bouncing up and down. "What are you doing here?" She asked still with a wide grin.
"Well daddy had to come see grandma but I guess it doesn't hurt to see my little girl." She continued to smile and led him upstairs to her temporary room.
"Can you tuck me in daddy? Grandma says its not something she does." She climbed up on the bed and gave him the saddest puppy dog eyes she could.
"Sure Lea. Just don't tell grandma." She giggled at him and agreed. Lea soon after fell asleep and he slowly left the room. He walked downstairs and saw Rachel sleeping on the couch. "Rachel, Rachel wake up." He whispered as he lightly shook her shoulder.
"What I'm awake?" She laid her head back down and he chuckled at his sister. He scooped her up bridal style and went to take her upstairs. Then went to his old room and fell asleep himself.
The next morning he woke up with a start as his phone rang. He picked it up an answered, "Hello?" He groggily mumbled.
"Ryan what the crap! Who is she? What happened to loving me and wanting to marry me?" Olivia's voice was wavering and hurt was easy to hear.
"What the crap are you talking about?"  Ryan had no idea what caused her to be this hysterical but her voice didn't sound sleepy so it wasn't just a dream she had.
"It's all over the news Ryan it's even in the papers! Do you have any idea how bad this makes you look!" She hung up the phone and he sat there unable to figure out the situation.