Chapter 14

Ryan ran downstairs and grab the newspaper off the table. The headline read, "Ryan Hart's New Mystery Mistress." Below it showed a photo of him from behind taken apparently last night when he had carried Rachel up to bed. He couldn't believe it, of all times the media had to falsely print a situation it had to be now.
"Rachel get down here!" Ryan yelled for his sister who basically sprinted into the kitchen.
"What is it?" He handed her the newspaper and she gasped she knew what would happen.
"We've gotta explain this to the media! They knew you had family but you never told them you had a sister!" She shook her head mumbling to herself.
"Come on Rachel we gotta clear this up." Ryan said grabbing the keys to his old bike and the two helmets from the closet. Rachel grabbed one of the helmets and started putting it on as the both went out to get the bike. They drove down to the Nevada Newspaper building and walked inside.
"Well if it isn't Ryan Hart how you been?" An all to familiar female voice sarcastically asked.
"Isn't that?" Rachel managed.
"Courtney, I should've known!" Ryan wanted to scream at her this could ruin his reputation or worse his career. 
"You shouldn't have tried to marry that pathetic girl then!" She spit poison with every word she spoke.
"Look Courtney we have been divorced for 5 almost 6 years now why do you care if I get remarried or not! It was your idea to leave!" Ryan retorted his voice rising with every word.
"Still didn't mean it hurt any less when I heard you just met her and decided to marry her! I've only been dating my guy for five years and you decide to instantly marry this girl!" Courtney's voice quivered, her eyes glassy. She had no right to cry, not after all she did to get out of their marriage.
"Ryan what are you doing here?" Ryan turned around to she his bands manager Mr. Smite.
"I could ask you the same thing, are you here to help me clear this up?" Ryan's eyes flickered with hope but when Smite spoke it burned out.
"No I was originally coming here for a lunch date. Then I saw what was in the paper and on the news and we had to move the band out of the house for their own safety. I also saw who wrote the article." He looked at Courtney his eyes dark. "Do you have any idea how this will effect Ryan and his band?! How this will effect me?" Courtney didn't look up she and was about to cry. "I know you and Ryan have your differences but making up a story to ruin him isn't the answer." Mr. Smite's phone rang and he answered it, "Hello... Yes I'm on my way upstairs with Ryan, Courtney, and the mystery woman... Yes right away." He hung up the phone and motioned for them to follow him upstairs.
"I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding Mr. and Miss Hart it won't ever happen again." Courtney's boss apologized. "It's fine as long as you get the news out there that it wasn't some mysterious mistress." Ryan made sure to add the last part.
Right as they were walking out Kristen was out in the hallway with Lea. "There was a phone call for you when you left your phone at the house."
They boarded the first plane back to Cittu and Ryan was so nervous he didn't want to sit still. "Bro, it'll be fine." Rachel soothed rubbing circles on his back.
"What if she doesn't believe me?"
Rachel bit her bottom lip not knowing how to answer his nerve wracked question. "We'll just have to have faith that she'll believe." The plane landed and they all rushed to a taxi. Mr. Smite had the address and Lea was bouncing ready to see her aunts and uncles. Even though it had only been a few months.
"Here we are." It was a quant little farmhouse towards the outskirts of town, Carlos and Jack were outside cutting wood.
As they approached Jack saw them and ran into the house as Carlos stood surprised. "We didn't know you'd be back so soon." Carlos said as Reese, Yara, and the twins all ran out and engulfed Ryan in a hug.
"Come on Ryan you don't wanna miss it!" The twins said in unison and ran back inside. They all went into the living room and Olivia started singing.

🎶Once I was seven years old and my mama told me to be the kindest girl that I could be
Once I was seven years old

This is a scary world, I didn't let that phase me
We put our brave face on from the morning til the evening
And by eleven I learnt words that hurt more than bruises
Life is a restless game, we're tryin not to lose it

Once I was eleven years old, my daddy told me - my heart had to be the prettiest thing about me

I've always dreamt so big, and I'm a keep on dreaming
And in a hopeless world, I've always kept believing, I've always kept on breathing, always kept achieving
Despite the sticks and stones, I will not be defeated

Soon I'll be twenty years old and my brothers told me to hold the ones who love me most so closely

I wanna make a change, make this place a little better
We need to live within a world where everybody matters
No, I don't wanna see anyone's sons or daughters cryin, cause they don't fit in with what society has taught them

Soon I'll be twenty years old and my friends have told me to keep my chin up when my tears are streaming

Soon we'll be thirty years old, what will our lives hold? Will I be satisfied with all that surrounds me?
Soon I'll be thirty years old

No matter how old we are age is just a number
It's never too late to love
To reach or care for each other
To forgive a brother, or to find a lover
Life is a mystery waiting to be discovered

Soon I'll be sixty years old, my life will be a story
Where my children tell their children about me
I'll watch a generation rise up to change the nation, the past lays down foundations for the future celebrations

Soon I'll be sixty years old, will I be all alone cause I never valued what was all around me?

Soon I'll be sixty years old, and God will show me that he was by my side through my every heartbeat
Yeah

Once I was seven years old and my mama told me to be the kindest girl that I could be
Yeah
Once I was seven years old🎶