Chapter 15

Everyone sat there quietly soaking in the beautiful song. Olivia saw Ryan and Rachel, her eyes narrowed and she stormed out of the room. "I take it she's still made about the fake news." Smite said through a fake smile.
"It doesn't help that you brought your partner in crime with you!" Lola yelled pointing at Ryan and Rachel.
"Rachel isn't my partner at all unless you count partners as sisters!" Ryan retorted and Lola instantly reddened. "Do you think there is any way she'd forgive me?" Ryan looked at Lola, Sophie, and Carlos hoping they could help.
"You know how she expresses herself, and you express yourself the same way." Sophie looked at Lola and nodded. Lola headed upstairs and Sophie continued, "Didn't you say you wrote a song for her?"
Everyone was sitting in the music room and Ryan, Reese, Winston, Blake, and Yara were set to play. "Lola what is this about?" Olivia walked in her eyes covered by Lola's hands. Lola removed her hands and they started playing.

🎶Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey

Simmer down, simmer down
They say we're too young now to amount to anything else
But look around
We work too damn hard for this just to give it up now
If you don't swim, you'll drown
But don't move, honey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey!)

Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey

Let's get out, let's get out
'Cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down
While I was out, I found myself alone just thinking
If I showed up with a plane ticket
And a shiny diamond ring with your name on it
Would you wanna run away too?
'Cause all I really want is you

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
I made a mixtape straight out of '94
I've got your ripped skinny jeans lying on the floor
And I know now, that I'm so down

Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey!)

Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey)
Your lipstick stain is a work of art (hey, hey)
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart (hey, hey)
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey, hey)🎶

Ryan stood in front of Olivia panting hard. "Liv? Please say something?" Ryan pleaded as Olivia stood there with a blank stare.
"You said you were working on this song after you proposed to me. You said it was for me..." She paused grabbing the mic from his hands. "Why didn't you just tell me she was your sister?"
Ryan looked at her and they both broke out in laughter. "So you're not mad anymore?" Ryan asked and, to answer, Olivia pressed her lips against his.
"Smite told me you guys fixed it. We're good."
They kissed again and Lea ran up and hugged them both. "So Olivia's your fiancé? Why didn't you tell me dad?" Lea said her voice so full of joy and excitement.
"I was going to princess before that accident with the press." Ryan said kissing his daughters forehead. "Now Mom, Rachel, meet my fiancé Olivia. Olivia this is my mom, Kristen, and my sister Rachel." Kirsten's face stayed with no emotion but Rachel's face lit up and she offered her hand to Olivia to shake.
"It's a pleasure to finally meet the woman who made my brother so happy!" She talked so fast Olivia only caught the basis of what she was saying.
"It's nice to meet you as well." Olivia said putting a fake smile on.
Kristen looked at Ryan and he followed her into the kitchen. "Oh no." Rachel mumbled.
"You can say that again." Reese mumbled back at her.
"What? What's the matter with her taking him into another room?" Olivia looked back and forth at Rachel and Reese.
Rachel sighed and explained, "Whenever Mom doesn't like something that Ryan or I do she takes us aside and tries to make us do things her way. I of course always tend to change because I don't want to lose my relationship with her. Ryan, on the other hand, will not budge and it always tends to work for him. Except last time, he should've listened." She stopped and looked at Lea playing with Casey on the floor. "It ended with a divorce and a motherless child."
Rachel walked over to Lea and whispered something in her ear, she then picked Casey up and walked outside with the girls. "Um where is she taking my kid?" Carlos asked Reese.
"Three, two, one." As soon as Reese finished Ryan started to yell. "Are you crazy! You know I'll never change my mind about this! I love her!"
He came storming back into the foyer and Kristen was yelling back, "You said the same thing about Courtney and looked where that got you!"
Ryan stopped dead in his tracks, his face drained of color. "Don't you dare use that to prove a point!"
"You know how I felt about her and who says this girl won't do the same thing!"
"Mom she knows about Lea, in fact she loved the idea of us being a family and wanted her to be the first to know we got engaged! Just for the record, Mom, I don't think you know what love is!" His words stung her like bullets and the slamming door didn't help either. Reese and Olivia exchanged glances and Olivia went outside after Ryan.