sickening truth

Robin immediately left the spot he was in and ran outside. It was too late, she was already in the car and they drove away. He walked to his car and got in. He started the engine and drove away.

The rain started pouring and the road was soaked. The lights from the other cars became blurry and the rain drops echoed in the car.

***

Regina watched as the rain slowly dripped down the window. She watched as the car, that Daniel was driving, splashed the sidewalk with the puddles of rain water. "How are you feeling?" He asked quietly, trying not to startle her. "Uhm..good. better than earlier." Regina replied. The rest of the drive was silent, just a faint sound of the music from the radio.

As the continued to quiet drive to Regina's apartment, her lie became the truth. Her started to hurt, then it started to pound. Her migraine was hitting, hard. Daniel immediately noticed to change in Regina's composure. "Hey, it's okay we're almost there. Close your eyes maybe that will ease it a bit." He suggested. She did as he said and closed her eyes.

***

Robin stopped in front of a white apartment building. He quickly parked his car and ran inside. The door man knew who he was so he got in very easily. He rode the elevator to Regina's floor. When the elevator opened he couldn't believe his eyes. Regina was in Daniel's arms, she seemed unconscious. This made Robin worried, he immediately got out of the elevator and watched what was about to happen.

Daniel struggled to get the keys from Regina's clutch, when he did, he opened the door and entered.

Robin immediately walked up to Regina's door and tried to listen to what was happening inside. He couldn't hear a word so he took his phone out and dialled Regina's number. It went straight to voicemail, her phone was either dead or turned off. He fished his keys out of his pocket and picked out Regina's apartment key. He unlocked the door and found Regina laying on the couch, still in her lilac dress. At this point, Daniel was no where near her. "Robin?" He turned and immediately turned. "Nice, you're here. I grabbed some pills for her, here. And uhm she going to want tea when she wakes up so I made some already." Daniel said as he grabbed his coat. "She usually gets sick around this time, you know, seasons changing. But you already know that." Daniel said before walking towards the door. He saw himself out and left Robin alone with his wife. Robin was surprised about Daniel's knowledge about Regina. Things he already knew.

***

Robin took his coat off and placed it nicely on a chair. He felt Regina's forehead and surely she did have a slight fever. "We're gonna get you all better." He whispered before planting a kiss on her head. He went and gathered comfortable clothes from her room and a nice blanket. He came back and found her still fast asleep. Robin hated himself for what he was about to do but it must be done. He gently tapped her shoulder. "Regina, m'lady you need to wake up. I prepared a warm bath come on. It's going to help you get better, Regina?" He tried but she was not cooperating. "Come on please. I promise after the bath you'll be back to sleep or whatever you want to do." He promised. She crinkled her nose and pouted. She slowly rose from her position and surely Robin was there to help her. She didn't want him there but she had no energy to push him away. "My head hurts so bad." She moaned. "I know I promise I'll massage it. Now let's get you to tub." He said before picking her up. She rested her head on his shoulder and help onto him. He placed Regina on the bed and walked to the bathroom to check on the tub. When Robin came back, she was still in her dress. She did not even move a muscle. "Regina, Hun. You can't bathe in your dress." He said. She pouted in response and tried to take off her dress, she failed. Robin walked up to her and unzipped it. Once it was completely off, he took her in his arms and carried her to tub.