Meant Nothing

Regina drove to her old apartment. She knew she made the right decision of not giving up the place. Somehow, there was a thought that she would come back to it. She dragged her suitcase inside and into her old bedroom. It was still the way it used to be, plain beige walls, white sheets, and sheer curtains. Regina slowly walked to her bed and sat herself down, all the emotions rushed in and all she could do was break. She felt so stupid, so broken. She thought they understood wh koere they were standing, that they had a common ground. However, like most times, she was wrong. She just wished he talked to her about it, told her how he felt about everything. Instead, he kept quiet amd cold about his real feelings. Regina felt the tears burn her eyes.

***

It's been six months since they got married, yet they only talked for the first two of it.

Regina's day went on as a routine. Wake up, breakfast, work until it's very late, go home and sleep, and the cycle begins again. That day somehow felt different though. Regina woke up, and slipped breakfast. She was late because her alarm decided not to work.

"Ashley." She smiled at her assistant as she walked in. "Mrs. Locksley-" "Ms. Mills or Regina is fine." Regina smiled sadly. "Oh...okay. Uhm Ms. Mills your breakfast will be here in five minutes." Ashley said before she turned back to her work. "Thank you."

***

Robin walked quietly to her desk. "Hey, is she here already?" He asked. "Yeah she's been here for a while." Ashley smiled. "I doubt she'd want to see-" "Ashle-" Regina's mouth gaped at the sight of him. "What are you doing here?" She asked coldly. "I...I brought food. I've heard you haven't had anything so-" "You spoke to him and didn't think to let me know?" Regina glared at Ashley. "It's not her fault, I approached her. I really wanted to have a reason to talk to you." Robin hung his head low. "Talk, is that what we do now? I thought we just casually ignore each other until one pushes the other away." Regina said sarcastically as she walked back into her office. Robin immediately followed her.

"Regina please give me just five minutes. I want to explain myself." He begged. She continuously walked and sat on her chair. She proceeded to read over the files before her. "Will you listen to me?" He asked softly. Regina sighed and slammed the paper the reading. "Fine, five minutes. Tic toc Robin." She said.

"I just, I'm sorry. I should've given you more space but not push you away. I was really hurt when you said you wanted us but not at that moment. I just...that thought of you leaving me, that you could still possibly change your mind and leave me. I thought if I put you away it would be easier for us, because you would realize it's not worthy to be with me. It would your decision easier, and it would make the pain less for me." Robin explained, a single tear rolled down from his eye. Regina's mouth gaped at his words. She did not expect any of it. "That's all I wanted to say, it's not five minutes but at least I got to tell you. Why I pushed you away. I just love you but I kept it to myself for so long." Robin nodded his slowly, and turned to the door. Before he walked out, he looked back at Regina one last time. "Oh and I promise you, it was only a kiss. It meant nothing to me." He said and waited a while for a response.  Regina glare shifted to her paper, "and this was only an agreement." "No, love." He closed the door gently.

Vote For The Next Chapter :)