|mo| ii

Part two

Mo

_____________________________________

It's always hard for me to leave. I wouldn't say I was afraid of people or anything; it was just that I didn't care for anyone really. Routine and knowing, that's how I live, not change and undiscovered.

So grabbing my blue bag and black coat, I set off to live another ordinary day. Everyday at 8 am, I leave my city house to go to my favorite quiet coffee shop called Java Superb. Oh how I love the coffee shop, it's always so isolated from the busy streets of the city. I moved from quiet countryside to never ending city life. A horrible decision really, but I didn't have a say in the matter.

My parents were very successful, my mother as a famous project manager for some business I forgot the name of, and my father was a wealthy mechanical engineer. They moved for bigger opportunities in life. My father always said the move would benefit them in the future. But that never came to be.

Walking towards the calm street called Amber Way, I did my best to stay unnoticed by anyone. The only displeasure of walking to Java Superb was walking alone. To be honest I didn't want to be unaccompanied, I rather have someone be with me, preferably a friend. I had friends back at home, they said they would call and visit me, they promised that 10 years ago. Maybe that's a reason why I doubted everything. Better to not put any hopes up for anything, because all that will happen is another broken promise.

Shaking my head to clear my depressed thoughts, I saw the familiar green umbrellas and the faint smell of bittersweet coffee. My worries immediately left and instead, a sense of acceptance came. Another reason why I loved Java Superb, it always felt like home every time I walked through the Kelly green doors.

Not a lot of places gave me that feeling, usually when I went to a new place I immediately leave. I stay clear of new.

Walking into the coffee shop, I slipped inside without contact with anyone. Right when I walked into the coffee shop for the first time about a year ago, I knew I would adore the place. And when I looked to the back of the coffee shop at a lonely black table, I was instantly drawn to it. The table is secluded and away from the hustle of the world. My own little world if I was to be cliché about it.

Ever since that day, I have claimed the table as mine. I always order a vanilla latte, sit down in the seat by the gray wall, take out the current book I would be reading, and stay at Java Superb for an hour then to my next planned destination. And to make it even better, everybody knows each other. The same reoccurring costumers enter through the Kelly green door. They too have their routines and habits.

For instance, a reoccurring businessman arrives earlier than me who orders a black coffee and sits by the bar in a plush chair everyday. He's here so often that it's kind of hard to think the guy even has a job. Across the room, a table of hipsters meets once a week to discuss their latest poems. I remind myself to stay away from those guys. For some reason, how deep they were really makes me uncomfortable. To the front of the café, a couple walked in and I immediately recognized the man. I've seen him come here often, but today he was wearing his nightwear, which is quite odd, and a woman I have never seen before accompanied him. She looked tired, actually they both did, and I wondered how their morning has been so far.

And sitting in the front of the coffee shop's large glass window, a young man with curly brown colored hair sat down in a beige chair with his eyes closed.

Wait...

I've never seen this guy before ever, and I know almost about everyone in here, not personally of course but I know everyone's face. And I have never seen his. But something about him made me feel a tiny spark of curiosity, which hasn't happened in a while. Maybe it was the way he closed his eyes, finding his sense of peace or something. It vexes me how people can do that so easily. He looked like the kind of guy that didn't have a care in the world, that everyday was an adventure. I didn't know why he was like that, and I didn't have the want to know why.