|benjamin| i

Part one

Benjamin

__________________________________________________________________

It's always hard for me to stay in one place. I'm not ADHD or anything; I just didn't like experiencing the same place twice. Which isn't a bad thing right?

So, wandering along the busy city sidewalk, I looked around for the next big adventure or miniature quest with every step I took. Walking down the street, I sauntered without a care and with a smile.

I turned on a corner of an uncharted street named Amber Way. I tended to do that a lot, venturing to undiscovered places. It could be new me or absolutely new to everyone. I've always wanted to discover a place, isolated from the human population. As if it was on another planet, or better yet another universe. No dreams were too small.

Step by step I continued to journey deeper into the street, closer to another undiscovered destination. Honestly, I don't care if the place was crowded and overly popular, or even if it was a cliché attraction. All that mattered was that after I left, the place would have the ability to inspire me and permanently find a home in my heart.

Amber Way is a narrow street with unheard of shops and restaurants along the road. The little shops are filled with antique clothing and furniture. Little cafes sold their freshly baked muffins, probably the owner's great-grandmother's secret recipe exposed to hungry guests. The narrow road I was walking on changed from the active city's black gravel road to a deep red brick. Green umbrellas sheltered compelling coffee houses. And hanging outside of one of the shops above its Kelly green door functioning as the shop's entrance, was a rusty brown vintage sign. In bold golden letters, the coffee house's name was scripted in italic, Java Superb.

I don't know why, but I miraculously feel drawn to this little coffee shop. My heart was beating faster, as if it was trying to tell me that I have to be here; this is where another adventure would begin. And for years I have taught myself to listen to everything my heart tells it to do. So, listening to the hint, I walked through the Kelly green doors.

Stepping into the newly found place, I began to fix my auburn colored curly hair after a gush of wind blew messing it up while walking into the shop, even though a part of me knew it wouldn't help.

The warm temperature circulating in the coffee house instantly relieved me. Compared to inside, the air outside was another story. The weather in this city was brutal and unpredictable. But it was also majestic in many ways. The city at this time was like being compared to heaven on earth. Twinkling lights hanging around every building, skyscrapers hitting gray clouds and covered in white snow. How the soft breeze sneaks its way through the air during the fall and spring. And the perfect summer, the sun never beats down but lifts you up, joy fills the hearts of the city's people.

Soft jazz music played through Java Superb's speakers, filling the room with soothing and alluring vibes, making me want to stay forever; even though I know that I never could. I began walking to the counter to order a coffee, observing my surroundings, trying to figure out this new place. The barista was kind and seemed genuine with me. She could be someone who I could possibly be friends with, but I usually never stay too long to linger for friendship, fatal flaw you could say.

After getting my black coffee, I walked away to find a seat that was open. Looking around by the shop's large glass window overlooking the peaceful street, an area deserted in the front of the café, beige plush chairs populated the area. I walked over to the chairs and sat down.