Interview #2 Experience love

Interview #3 Experience love

"Hi thank you for doing this, I really truly appreciate it."

"I'm happy to do so."

"I want to ask you about your relationship with your wife in the past and your ideas on love. So begin I want to know what love is in your opinion?"

"Um, what is love? I think love is caring and not having to always be right. You need to understand someone and certainly care like I said. But, love is something that grows. And it's not something that you uh, immediately I don't believe in love at first sight and all things that its something that grows and it's always a work in progress."

"What are some of your happiest moments with your wife?"

"Oh gosh there were so many. Spending time on road trips and quiet times."

"Just being together really right? Having the moments together?"

"Yes for sure."

"When did you know that she was the one?"

"Well that's a good question. Um, I guess realizing when I looked back, never did she ever quarrel with any decisions that I made regarding my jobs and things like that she always supported me in everything I did. And again cared in the relationship we had I mean we were different in a lot of ways but also the same in a lot of ways. There was never any one specific moment. You know it was just determined by time."

"Do you have any advice for someone in a relationship right now? Something that you experienced in your relationship that you want people to learn from."

"To always try to understand the person you're with, regardless of the good times and the bad times. You know you need to really understand that person. And never try to have it your way, because it won't always be your way. And I guess that's it you know?"

"Any last thoughts or anything else you want to say?"

"Other than I wish she was still here."

Donald, age 82