|oasis|

Oasis
_____________________________________

Working my morning shift at the coffee shop Java Superb always put a smile on my face. I loved my job; it was a fresh breath of air from the fast paced city and annoying boyfriends.

Putting on my beige apron, my strawberry-blonde hair into a ponytail, and a smile on my face I began my shift on the register. Numerous customers entered through the Kelly green doors like the release of the animals in Noah's Ark. Two by two then four by four then herds of people entered. All looked different with different stories. I saw the girl who comes everyday to sit in the back and read, I never learned her name but she seemed content by herself. Across from me a young couple sat at a table by the window, and I felt instantly jealous. They looked so happy and love emitted from their actions toward each other, I wanted that greatly.

The bell of the door rang along with a group of people entering the coffee shop and walked towards me to order. One by one, all different names were shared with me that I won't remember or spell correctly, fatal flaw. One by one they left the register to sit at their tables and carried on with their lives. I looked back at the clock to check how much time I had until my break. I still had a while though; I forgot breakfast; I really needed my fifteen minuets of filling my stomach to shut it up.

Looking down at the register I began to count the money inconspicuously to be polite, but my next customer clearing their throat impatiently for my attention interrupted me. Putting the money back and my smile returning I looked up. "Hi welcome to Java Superb, what can I get-" making me stop abruptly was the sight of my lying boyfriend soon to be ex-boyfriend.

He had some real nerve coming here. Jace should know that I was trying to avoid him at all cost. If he thinks that another "I'm sorry" would fix anything he was mistaken, immensely mistaken.

"Jace, what are you doing here? I'm not on break yet so we can't talk. And when I am on my break I still don't want you here. So you can save the petty trip and leave." I saw the customers behind him give me hated glares and switched lines to avoid my bad attitude.

I looked back at him, Jace looked at me with pleading eyes. "Mel I already told you I was sorry a thousand times-"

"Once." I interrupted.

"Oh come on it was more than that quit being so immature." He scolded me. He has the audacity to believe he's the good guy here.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not the one who lied to me more than once, call that immaturity." I countered angrily. I am not some girl to be cheated on and lied to again and again.

He looked at me pleadingly, "Please Mel I need to talk to you. I will make a scene until you agree." He threatened me. Rolling my eyes I left the register to my manager to ask for an early break, which she wasn't happy about, but allowed it. I walked to the back of the kitchen to the door by the bathrooms in the hallway with Jace following behind me.

I looked at him with every fire in my eyes, warning him to not mess with me like he always did. "What do you want? Make it quick and straight to the point I don't have all day. And if you even try to lie to me I will push you out of this coffee shop without even a second glance." I warned, immeasurably annoyed by the situation.

He took a breath calmly, "I needed to say that I'm sorry. I am truly and utterly sorry Mel. And..." He paused and swallowed the lump in his throat. I knew that everything that was about to be said was going to be challenging for him, not making me feel sorry for him one bit though. He ran his rough hands through his dark messy hair that I use to adore, even though I know his hands have held another. And he couldn't stop pacing back in forth in front of me. He sighed again and looked up.