chapter sixteen

Hunting for My Mate

Chapter sixteen

Logan’s POV:

I awoke from my peaceful slumber to a scream of fright and pain. I faced Skylar who looked at me with a worried expression.

                “He’s back…” Skylar said before grabbing my hand and bolting out of the house. She ran towards the forest but this time we came to a clearing in the woods. It was a meadow filled with daisy’s and thinly laid grass surrounding the flowers. I remember this place; it was a second home to me for such a long time. When I was little I would come out here with my best friend Jack. I stopped coming here after the day he died…

Flashback:

Jack and I were running through the meadow of daisy’s chasing after the soccer ball that him and I would regularly play with. We were both seven at the time still going through our little boyish days. He was just about to get to the ball when a man who looked to be around forty with wrinkles covering his scarred face stopped it using his foot. He stated to tsk at us for some unknown reason with a devious look in his eye. An evil scowl was permanently placed on his face as he glared daggers toward us.

“Aw, young little Logan so nice to see you and Jack again.” The unknown man greeted with a sinister glint in his eyes.

Jack and I shared a look of confusion before focusing on the man again that then started to walk towards us. Jack and I slowly backed up as the man tried to slowly approach us. He looked murderous and seemed to get even more furious by the second. Once me and Jack got closer to the edge of the meadow we started running towards the pack house screaming for help. I heard paws hitting the ground as Jacks voice grew thin. A blood curdling scream made its way out of Jacks lips.

When I turned around I could never prepare myself for what I then saw, my best friend Jack getting ripped to shreds. Before the man who was now in his wolf form could even be reached to, dropped Jack’s body and bolted off into the woods.

I watched as my best friend’s body went limp. No one could have saved him, there was too much damage. He had a large gash on his stomach from the wolf’s mouth, with several already formed bruises and deep scratches and cuts. He was gone.

There was a note left beside his body that had some blood stained on the outer edges.

                                Dearest Dark sky pack,

We’re coming…

It was signed with the Hunters symbol.

End of flashback:

In the middle of the meadow lay a child. It was attacked just like the Wolf had done with Jack. Skylar and I rushed over grabbing the young child in my arms we ran to the pack doctor.

Slamming open the door to the door open to the village’s hospital I laid the child carefully on the bed as Skylar grabbed the head doctor.

“Skylar who did you see, who is ‘he’?” I questioned. She sighed and looked shaken up like she saw something she couldn’t comprehend.

                “It was the man who killed Jack when you were younger; it showed it in my dream, your experience and the boy who just got attacked.” She said looking at me with sadness. I sighed and nodded in understanding.

“I haven’t even thought about that in such a long time, I stopped going to the meadow after it happened.” I said running an uneasy hand through my hair. “It’s okay,” she soothed before giving me a hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she did the same only around my neck. I nuzzled my face deep into her neck and breathed in her intoxicating scent that sent sparks through me. I gave her a kiss on her mark causing her to let out a cute little giggle.

“ Alpha Logan? ” I heard the pack doctor call me. I turned to see him taking off his medical gloves and disposing them.

                “Well?” I urged. “The boy is in stable condition, he has had severe blood lose and is now in a coma to help heal his injuries.” He sighed. I nodded and turned back to Skylar, only to have the doctor speak up again.

“There was a note in his pocket that I think explains some of what has happened recently and in the past.” He finished before digging in his pocket and passing me the note.

                It read…

                                Dear Logan,

                 I see you have found your mate, and what a lovely one indeed. Well back to business; the boy that is probably in the hospital as you’re reading this, reminds me a lot of many years ago with you and that ‘Jack boy.

                A little heads up is that this is only the beginning and there is much more to come in this lovely future.

                                You have been warned…

Again, this note was signed with the hunters symbol.

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry! I know you're probably going to hate me right now if you liked this so I am so so sorry! I have started the next chapter and the end is coming soon. Again so sorry.

I am curious if you guys want a sequel, another werewolf story, or a different one. If you do, please tell me either in messages or on the comments below.

Again I'm sorry! I was just on vacation plus I have been SUPER busy for the past month. If you want me to update sooner just comment or message me it so i'll remember it.

Bye Beautifuls!~Sophie_XD

STAY AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL, cause i know you are:)