chapter seventeen

Hunting for my mate

Chapter seventeen

Skylar’s POV

Logan and I left the hospital side by side in rugged silence. With so much on our minds it didn’t surprise me. We entered our home and headed to the kitchen for something to eat.

                “What would you like for breakfast,” I asked Logan whose back was facing me. He turned and faced me with rage in his eyes before grabbing me and pulling me in his arms. I collided with his muscular chest as hugged me tightly to him. I heard his deep ragging breaths. Even though his wolf was growling in anger and frustration I could also feel his whimpers.

I rubbed up and down on his back in circles as I whispered soothing things in his ear. He stuck his face in my neck while sighing, I could feel his wolf taming. “Whatever it takes I’m not going to let them get you, I promise. Even if it kills me, I’ll keep you safe.” He whispered against my mark.

“What do you mean?” I asked while still rubbing his back. “The note mentioned you, it was the first topic he talked about. I’m just afraid that they are going to try and take you away from me.” He whimpered causing my heart to melt.

                “It’s okay, don’t worry about it, ‘cause every little thing is gonna be alright.” I sang the last part causing him to crack a laugh with the cutest little innocent smile on his face.

“Awe! You’re so cute.” I replied pinching his cheeks which have now turned a tad red.

“I’m not cute, I’m handsome and sexy.” He said flexing his muscles through his shirt. I let out a giggle and wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Okay ‘Mr. Sexy’, what would you like for breakfast?” I asked smirking at him.

“Cereal, please.” He asked with puppy dog eyes. “Okay,” I replied kissing his nose.

I pulled out two bowls, milk, two spoons and some chocolate/ peanut butter puff that he loves. I poured the milk and cereal into the bowls, passing him his which has about double mine. We walked into the living room and he turned on the TV. We sat on the center couch for around half an hour before calling a pack meeting.

While we were walking towards the meeting room we heard a branch snap making our heads snap in the direction of the forest. I sniffed the air smelling wolf and hunter. Looking towards Logan he gave me a panicked yet raged look as the crunching of footsteps came closer and closer.

“All fighters and warriors to west forest area by my house now! Hunters are on land and are ready to attack. All women, children, elders and hospitalized patients go to meeting place and lock all windows and doors; don’t come out until told otherwise, now go!” He boomed in mind link. The next thing that happened was all so quick. Pack members approached us while the hunters came out of hiding along with some dirty stench rouges. There were about fifty hunters with evil scowls implanted on their forty year old looking faces – I don’t know if I have ever seen such emotions on the pack members faces. The warriors and fighters from a variety of ages lined up, all baring teeth.

Logan turned to me and I saw all the hard emotions on his face slightly soften. “Get inside with the women, I don’t want you hurt. There are other patrols on guard around the building so you will all be safe. Just know that whatever happens, I love you.” He said while his eyes started to glaze over. “I love you too,” I replied while nodding furiously my eyes wide with tears threatening to escape. Logan grabbed me in a tight hug and kissed me hard on the lips before releasing me in time to attack.

      “Run Skylar and don’t look back!” I heard pass his lips before sprinting with all my might towards the meeting hall. The guards saw me coming before they quickly shut the door behind me. Breaking my speed, I looked towards the heavy oak door that was forcefully closed behind me. While trembling in fear for my beloved Logan my senses came back in a rush as I heard the rips and tears of the battle going on outside.