Ash

Was I drooling? I wiped my chin and I think there was a little moisture there. I thought watching Max and Ellie together had been hot, damn!

What had Ellie been thinking dating an asshole like that? If Mia hadn't decked him I would have. He was beyond horrible.

"What was I even thinking going out with that guy?" Mia groaned.

"Don't feel bad I dated him for almost a year. He can be quite charming when he isn't being a complete fuckhead," Ellie reassured her.

"I'm so sorry Ellie. I didn't know that Lance was your ex. We met at a Starbucks and you are right he was completely charming and nothing like how he was today. I can't even believe he said you were fat. Querida, you are anything but fat," Mia said.

"Thanks Mia, for everything."

"Ellie what are doing right now? Max and I will take you out to dinner," I suggested.

"Oh uh Kai and I were actually headed out to dinner," Ellie said, "Oh Ash this is Kai, Kai Ash.

I held my hand out but he ignored it and pulled me in for a hug, "We hug around here at R&R. Haven't you met Asa yet?" Kai said laughing.

I laughed too, "Yeah, I'm just not used to everyone being so friendly."

"Why doesn't everyone come back to my place for a bbq? I have all the stuff for it and Dad and Pop should be back from their trip to Florida. Everyone's invited," Ellie said.

"That sounds fantastic Ellie," Mia squealed, "You guys throw the best bbqs."

"Everyone should bring their swimsuits. I'll see everyone in few then," Ellie grabbed Kai's hand and they headed to her car.

I looked for Max and found that he had gotten Miller.

"BBQ at Ellie's," I told Max.

"I heard, let's go," Max said handing me Miller once I was settled into the car. I wasn't really in the mood to be around a ton of people but if I got to hang out with Ellie and Max I was all for it.