Chapter 5: Arguments

Kian finally starts talking to me and we hang out more. Jc is still talking to me but he often goes back to Texas and comes back. Kian says he's one of the "YouTube stars" and likes to tour around the world. But the only reason he's going back to Texas is to visit his fam.

"Should I make a Youtube account? " I randomly ask Kian who is laying down on my bed watching a movie.

"Yeah!" It's a great start for an actress career !" He turns to me.

"You already told me that!" I laugh and hit him with a pillow.

"You just stepped on the wrong line!" He jokes and starts hitting me with another pillow.

When we got tired of the pillow fight we fall onto my bed. Him on top of me. We look at each other until he finally leans in for a kiss.

It was such a sweet kiss. It was perfect. His soft lips on mine. After just a kiss it was more of a make out. I pull away because I feel like this isn't right.

"What's wrong ?" He asks .

"Nothing. It's just that maybe we should get to know each other a little better first. " I say.

I wasn't sure if I was growing feelings for Jc . He's so funny . Both of them are. Kian is sweet but he stopped talking to me so suddenly.

I don't want to be one of those girls they call 'sluts' and mess with two boys at the same time.

"Sorry Kian. But I came to Cali for a career, and not a boyfriend." I say kind of whispering as Kian gets off of me.

Kian just nods and doesn't say anything.

"I mean I'm returning to Florida in a couple of years. And if we go out, it will be hard to say bye." I say nervously say getting up.

Kian just keeps nodding.

"I got to go." He finally says and heads out. I had to lie to him because I don't want to tell him I might be growing feelings for his best friend.

*2 Weeks Later*

"Hey Meredith wanna come to the beach with all of O2L and I ?" Marie asks me knocking on my bedroom door.

"No thanks maybe next time."

I didn't want to go after what happened with Kian and I. It will be really awkward.

I decide to give my good friend Emily from Florida a call.

"Hey Emily!" I almost scream in to the phone.

"Hey Meredith! How is Cali?"

"It's amazing! But I kind of have to tell you something." I whisper.

"What's up?" She says kind of worried.

"Well there's this boy named Kian."

She stays quiet.

"He kissed me like 2 weeks ago." I'm still whispering.

"You have a boyfriend ?!"

"No. Haha. Well that's not the point.

There's another boy who's named Jc."

"Let me guess you like him too?" She says.

"That's why I called you . You give some good advice!"

"The only advice I have right now is to choose one! But remember you went to Cali for a career ! And your coming back to Florida in a couple of years.. So don't get too attached." She says then hangs up.

Emily never wanted me to leave Florida. But I've been wanting to for so long. The last time I called her she seemed mad. Today she seems angry. I don't know why.

I keep thinking about what Emily said. But then I remember I came here for my career. Maybe I could just forget everything and move on.

*Later That Day*

"Meredith! Get your fucking ass down here!" Marie screams from downstairs.

I've never heard her scream like that. She seems angry. Really angry.

I go downstairs and see Marie sitting on the couch her hands over her face. When I get closer I can hear her sobbing.

"Marie? What's wrong?" I ask patting her back.

"Get your fucking hands off of me!" She yells looking at me.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"What's going on? You are!" She says crying .

"Marie! Tell me what the hell is going on!" I scream getting tired of her attitude.

"Why did you tell Sam I was cheating on him?" She asks getting up.

"What the fuck?"

I haven't even talked to Sam since like forever! Why does she think I told him that ?

"I'm gonna need you to leave." She says calming down.

I stay quiet looking at her confused.

"Just because your boyfriend broke up with you?" I say, instantly regretting it.

She gives me a look and heads upstairs.

I follow her up and see her heading to my room.

She opens my closet and starts throwing my clothes everywhere.

"What's wrong with you?!" I say angry and frustrated.

"No! What's wrong with you?! Your leaving tomorrow!" She screams in my face and leaves.

I sit on my bed and also start to cry.

I can't believe what just happened.

How can Marie think I would tell Sam something like that.