Chapter 6 - Something's Up

Hermione's eyes shot open, and the first thing she saw was Draco's face. She looked around herself and realised she was lying on the floor. Draco didn't bother to help her he just wandered away and left Hermione there.

She got up and rubbed her temples. She had a horrid headache, bells were going off in her head and felt like it's burst open any minute.

Draco remained quite, but Hermione broke the silence.

"What happened, I fainted...I-I fainted?" She was shaking, she choked on the words.

"Yeah you did"

"But why?"

"And how exactly am I meant to know, you tell me"

Hermione wanted to cry and scream. She stared at Draco for a bit then she gazed at his hand. She saw a ring, a ring with green jewels, sparkling under the candlight. She looked carefully and wondered.

"A ring!" She yelped

Draco was confused, he looked up and his face read 'huh?'.

"They're looking for a ring, that could be it" she said pointing at his left hand. "Where did you get that from?"

"Erm, I kind of...took it from my dad's study...he left it there...and well I liked it and took off with it, no big deal" he said examining the ring as if it were the first time he'd seen in. He twisted the ring around on his finger and rubbed the jewels to clean them.

"Well, that could be the ring" she pointed out and walked around the room.

Draco wasn't as bothered and slumped in his chair.

"And we have to get our hands on that book"

"No we don't"

"Yes we do-"

"Shut up, Granger! This isn't one of them heroic moments for you, it doesn't even concern you"

"I think it does, So many things have happened and I've only been here a day, I'm not going to let them things go"

"Fine, maybe this could be the ring, maybe not....my father has that book, and he'll be in his study reading it....so...we'll have to go to his study" He stood up, he looked really tall and walked to the door.

"Dillusionment charm" he said and got out his wand. He waved it and suddenly Draco wasn't there and then she probably wasn't either.

She followed him out the door and looked if any Deatheaters were around. Voldemort had gone but why on earth were Deatheaters gathering again. She had to know, it could be a danger to Harry or the rest of the wizarding world.

Without realising she bumped into Draco because he'd stopped. They were in front of a door and he listened carefully. Humming could be heard coming from the room.

Draco pushed Hermione agaisnt the wall, he raised his wand a pointed at a vase on the nearest window. And with a flick the wand fell with a crash. Just moments later Lucius' ran out from his room and approached the broken vase. He looked around frantically looking for the culprit.

Draco ran in the study leaving Hermione agaisnt the wall, clearly invisible to Lucius. He started walking back to his study but Draco was still in there. She started to panic then she absentmindedly got her wand and aimed at the doors. And with a flick the door started to open and close rapidly, making huge amount of noise. Lucius jumped as the door continued to open and close.

Draco ran out the study, he grabbed Hermione's hand and they broke into a run. His hand was warm agaisnt her cold hands. It was a pleasant feeling. Their fingers locked as they ran down the stairs.