II

The next day, campus was a mess. People spent the whole morning staring and pointing at you since the rumor about you being a suspect was out there. 
You couldn't wait until you were out of there.

The boys on the other hand were still trying to find what was going on in this town. They went to the morgue to check on the victim's corpse but nothing out of the ordinary was showing.

- "Wait..." Sam stopped Dean right after he called it quits on the whole thing. "Check this out" he moved her head to a side, taking a good look on her neck and as it turned out, she had marks like someone tried to choke her to death before falling off the edge.

- "That's weird, you think this is a real homicide?" Dean asked confused.

- "I don't know, it could be" Sam replied taking the gloves out. "I'm going to check the place the place again".

- "I'm gonna talk to some people around, see who knew the girl, what she was up to" Dean commented as the brothers separated.

After class, you needed to go back to your dorm room again, there was something you needed and technically, that was still your home.

Approaching to the door, a familiar face was coming out of the elevator with a bag over his shoulder. 

- "Hey stranger" you waved at Sam with the key on your hand.

- "Hey, what are you doing here?" he grinned.

- "As much as I hate to admit it, I still live here so..." you let out a big breath. "I just came for a few things. What about you?".

- "I was just going to check the crime scene again, just in case we missed something".

- "Alright then, after you".

There was a note glued to the door that read "it should've been you instead of her".

- "Great, they're bullying me" you ripped it apart and closed the door after letting him in.

- "Why would they write that?".

- "Because the girl was a saint and I'm related to the devil apparently" you joked. "I honestly don't know who would do something that awful" you said looking down. It actually kinda hurt that people would think that of you.

- "Hey" he placed his hand on your shoulder "we know you didn't do it".

- "No, YOU know I didn't do it, ask your partner about it" you teased making him smile.

- "We'll find the one who did this, don't worry. Everything will be back to normal" he reassured you.

- "What's normal these days, huh?" you exhale with a half-smile.

- "Tell me about it" he chuckled.

- "I'm gonna shower, the motel's bathroom is disgusting. Do whatever you need to do, I'll be right up".

He nodded and started to do his thing. He EMFed the place and luckily for you, a spirit had kill the poor girl. He took a few of her things too, like her diary, just to know more about her. Maybe she caused all of this.

You got out and god, he was gorgeous. He was just standing there with a book in his hands but there was something about him that you just couldn't take your eyes off.

- "Hey Sam..." you quietly asked making him look at you and close the book. You had his full attention now and it made it ten times harder to focus on your thoughts.

"I-I was just..." you stuttered. You never had any problems talking to other guys before but he wasn't like the rest of them and you knew that.

"I was just wondering if you would like to have some coffee with me sometime" you managed to let out. He smiled big. "Or dinner. Or maybe now, or tomorrow or..." he noticed how nervous you were.

- "Or both" he replied with a smirk.

- "What?" you asked him confused.

- "We could get some coffee now and then, dinner tomorrow night" he suggested making your stomach twist with butterflies.

You chuckled, you couldn't stop smiling.

-"Are you sure you won't get sick of me? I'm mean, I talk a lot, maybe you noticed that" you joked.

- "I'm sure there is nothing you can tell me about yourself that I wouldn't want to know" he sincerely said with the biggest smile on his face. A smile that could lit the whole town.

Did he really just said that? Your heart skipped a beat, he was too amazing.

- "After you, then" you replied letting him out of your apartment as both of you headed to the coffee shop across the street. 

You two talked about EVERYTHING, and when I say everything, I mean everything. 
As it turned out, you had a million things in common. For instance, you were both bookworms, you both listened to the same music, had the same taste in movies.

Time flew by and without neither of you realizing it, it was already 7 pm and Dean was calling Sam for the 8th or 9th time now.

- "Dammit" he softly said as he was looking at all those missed phone calls.

- "What happened?" you asked concerned.

- "My partner's been calling me all this time. I have to go" he let you know grabbing his coat and damn, you didn't want him to leave.

- "I'm so sorry, I got you in trouble" you confessed.

- "It's fine, it was worth it. Date tomorrow?" he chuckled.

- "Definitely" you replied with the biggest smile on your face.

He leaned down and kissed your cheek, tucking your hair behind your ear.

- "Bye, Ms. (Y/LN)".

- "Bye, Agent Rivers".

Sam arrived to the motel to find Dean on his nerves, pacing back and forth across the room., he was so angry.

- "Dude, where the hell were you?" he yelled mad making Sam look at him weird.

- "Relax, I went for a coffee" he replied taking his jacket off.

- "You can't do that, ever again. You hear me?".
 Sam laugh it off until he realized his brother was serious.

- "Are you kidding me? What are you planning on do next? Ground me?" Sam teased.

- "After Dad, we are all we have man, you can't just dissappear like that while we are on a case. Don't do that to me".

- "What the hell are you talking about?" .

- "I've been busting my ass off trying to find you, I thought something bad happened, I don't know. Just don't do it again. I can't take it".

- "You can't take it, huh? YOU? What about me?" Sam finally exploded, letting all out. "Because ever since Dad died all I've been doing is try to make you happy. I don't talk, I don't make you mad, I don't do things I know you don't like and this is what I get? What about what I feel?".

Dean shook his head looking away. Sam took a deep breath, he understood his brother's reasons to be mad but still, he was having a hard time too. He still felt responsible for his father's death, he still felt like a freak, like he was the cause of his mother's death and the one time something good happened to him, this thing came out of nowhere.

"Look, I get it, I'm not okay either" he confessed "but I won't be sorry for wanting to spend my time with the first good thing that has happened to me since Dad died" Sam stated as he took his jacket and slammed the door.