IX

The next few days the three of you spent it all locked up in the bunker searching for anything you could find on Amara but honestly, things were getting pretty much nowhere.

The boys were great, things with Sam were amazing, you had grown fond of each other by just simply enjoying your company, you didn't know where you stood right now nor how you felt about him but taking things slow and the time to get you know each other again was going great. 

Dean, on the other hand, worried you a little. You started noticing little things he did in order to always be around you, you realized that maybe, just maybe, he was growing a bit of a crush on you after that night you two shared together and it was making you feel a little anxious to be honest. You loved him to death, he was always a really close friend to you and even back when Sam left you, you two kept in touch for a while. You felt like crap for what happened and only the thought of breaking his heart was making you sick to your stomach.

You were drinking coffee in the kitchen while Dean was ironing some clean shirts when Sam entered with a good news. Sort of.

- "Oh, perfect. We're gonna need our suits" he commented to Dean.

- "We have a case?" you replied with a smile on your face, you were getting tired of being on the bunker all the time.

- "Tell me you got something on Amara" Dean replied exhaling a breath.

- "It's a long shot but since the clock's ticking I just figured we could at least give it a try" Sam handed you his iPad showing you the article . "Hope Springs, Idaho. A guy killed himself after killing a co-worker. According to the people, nobody knows why, he had no motive. Apparently he was a perfectly happy guy and then... snap" Sam added.

- "Possesion?" Dean suggested.

- "Or... he was soulless" you said handing him the article again.

- "Exactly" Sam replied giving you a sweet smile.

- "It ain't much but given what we got, I'll take it. I can't be locked in here much longer. I'm gonna go prep the car" Dean said walking away.

- "I'll go get ready" you commented to Sam as he took a sweet look at you as you made your way out of the kitchen.

Once you got the place, you suitted up nicely with a pair of black skinny pants, white shirt, nude blazer with matching pumps completed your look. You got out of the bathroom and you felt both of the boys's gaze upon you. Dean let out a sweet "wow" as for Sam, he complimented your clothes saying you looked amazing. The boys looked great too, it was really something seeing them all dressed up.

The three of you headed to the Police Station to get information about the case.

- "I appreciate the FBI taking an interest in this case. We don't really see things like this around here" the Sheriff sincerely said as he was handing you over a few files. Sam walked over you to check them out.

- "What do you have on Wes Cooper?" Dean asked with his hands in his pockets.

- "I talked to his friends, family. Nobody can make heads or tails on why he did this. We have a witness who overheard Wes before he took his own life. He was saying things that sounded out of character".

- "Yeah? How so?".

- "He said that his life was meaningless, nobody loved him. It was like every negative thought he had ever had came spilling out. The thing is I knew Wes' wife, she loved him till the day he died. I don't know why he'd say anything like that. And then there's this" he showed you the autopsy pictures of his body. His veins were plain dark.

Sam pulled you apart from Dean and the Sheriff to talk alone.

- "I've actually seen something like that before" he commented you, still looking at the photos. "Sheriff, tell me, have you noticed any strange phenomena around town? Uh, sulfur smells or power outages? Maybe an unexplained fog?.

- "No, sir. It's always sunny in Hope Springs. At least, it used to be".

You stepped out of the station and Sam proceed to tell you all about the time he got infected with that rare fog the day after the Darkness was released. The black veins, the unexplicable rage, it matched. 

The three of you headed back to a motel room to dig in on the information you had right now. All you knew right now was that whatever that was, it could be cured with fire.

- "Okay, I need a break" Dean tossed a pen he had on his hand as he streched his back with the chair.

- "Yeah, I need food" Sam added standing up and putting his jacket on "I'll go get us dinner. (Y/N), anything?" he asked but you were completly focused on the books. The boys shared a look and Sam chuckled, seeing you you didn't respond to their calls.

- "Anything" Dean replied to his brother as he stepped out of the room.

- "(Y/N)?" the oldest Winchester asked placing his hand over yours to snap you out of your thoughts and finally, it worked.

- "Yeah?" you replied not knowing what the hell happened.

- "You with us now?" he joked and you look at him weird. "Sam went to grab some dinner".

- "Oh that's awesome. I'm starving" you said as you stood up to grab a glass of water.

Dean followed you and out of nowhere, he grabbed your waist and kissed you with everything he got. It took you by surprise so you pulled away looking at him into his eyes, he tried to kiss you one more time but you stopped him.

- "I'm so sorry Dean, I can't do this".

The look on his face said it all. He looked down letting you go, you could tell he was heartbroken. "I'm sorry" you said again as you walked out of the room trying to catch some air after everything that happened.

You didn't know how you felt about Dean... Hell, you didn't even know how you felt about Sam either but one thing you knew and that was that you didn't want to hurt neither of them.

Sam entered the room with his hands full of food but couldn't find any of you. He called Dean to check on him and he was already at the local bar; he was going to need a lot of whiskey to get you out of his head. You, on the other hand, were just entering the room.

- "Hey, you okay?" he asked approaching you., he must had noticed the look on your face.

- "Yeah, I needed fresh air" you quietly replied. "Is that chineasse?" you pointed out the bags over the table.

- "I remembered it was your favorite" he sweetly said and it made your estomach twist with butterflies.

- "Sam... can we talk?" you nervously asked. He looked at you with those puppy eyes that could melt your heart in a fraction of a second. "I... I don't know how to say this so I'm just going to let it all out" you expressed. You had his full attention now.

Right when you were about to confess everything, Sam's phone started ringing and both of you had to go. 

Another murder.