Chapter 12- It's A Pool Party

The next two days fly by, and it's Friday. Yesterday, Brandon asked me out, and I said yes—our date is tomorrow evening. The boys are thrilled for me, and Jordan pretends to cry; his victim from Wednesday is still with him.

The twins are hosting a party tonight, and I have to go.

I'm wearing leather jeans, a tank top, and my Jordans. Justin is picking me up today.

My dad left for the office this morning and will fly out at 2:00 PM on his private jet.

When Justin arrives, he asks, "So where is Bran taking you tomorrow?"

I shrug and look out the window, then get a message from Brandon.

Brandy: Morning Ana, just reached school. Can't wait to see you.

Me: Your flattery won't work on me.

Brandy: Playing hard to get? Don't worry, by next week you'll be falling for me.

I laugh, and Justin glances at me.

Me: I wouldn't bet on it.

Brandy: Don't worry; I know how to sweep girls off their feet.

I roll my eyes.

Justin says, "He's a tease. If he were a player, he'd be flirting with a different girl every day."

I laugh.

We pull up to school, and I get out. Stephanie, in her cheerleader uniform, is talking to Brandon.

He sees me and walks over.

I smile, "Hey, Brandy."

He chuckles, "Hi, Mr. Whiskers."

I hit him on the shoulder. "I'm not a rabbit."

He grins. "Well, I'm not a female dog either."

I blush when he hugs me.

He goes back to his friends, and Stephanie watches me with jealousy.

Luke says, "Let's go, Juliet; you'll see your Romeo at lunchtime."

I roll my eyes and playfully push him.

I meet up with the rest of the boys.

Luke says, "Time for another group picture."

We huddle together in front of Justin's car, and I take out my camera.

Jordan whispers, "Brandon really likes you." I blush as Justin snaps the picture.

Carlos laughs, "We're definitely keeping that one; it's the only one where Ana is blushing."

We all walk into school.

"Let's go prank a teacher, Carl," Jacob suggests, and they leave to plot.

I head to my locker and see a girl in a cheerleader uniform from my geography class.

She says, "Brandon will be mine, nerd, so back off before things turn ugly."

I roll my eyes; this girl has issues.

I reply, "You can't do anything because he already asked me out."

She warns, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

I open my locker as she leaves, shooting Luke a flirtatious glance. He says, "That girl has serious man problems."

I walk into algebra class and sit next to Justin.

He asks, "Did you do your homework?"

I watch him, thinking what a dumb question that is. Of course, I did; I'm a nerd.

I roll my eyes. "You're asking for answers, dude."

*******

Lunchtime

I walk to the parking lot with the guys to go to Burger King for lunch. I hop into Justin's car and buckle up.

Luke gets in the back seat, and Justin drives.

"Anne, wear a bikini since it's a pool party," Luke says.

"Okay, and I'll wear a summer dress," I nod.

We enter Burger King, which is packed with students. I notice some guys checking me out. Jordan, in jeans and a leather jacket, puts his arm around my waist, watching the guys ogling me.

I whisper, "Jealous much?"

He replies, "Yeah, I am."

I remove his hand and get in line behind Carlos. After ordering, Jacob suggests, "Let's eat in our cars and head back to school."

As I pass a table of boys, all eyes are on me, and their girlfriends glare with jealousy.

Jacob whispers, "You're such a tease."

I respond, "I learned from the best," nodding at Jordan, who is stuffing his face with fries.

We walk back to the parking lot, and I sit on Justin's trunk and open my bag.

Luke sits next to me, then Kyle.

Kyle says, "My buddy Brandon wouldn't hurt you; if he does, I'll take revenge for you."

I smile; it's good to have guy friends.

As I eat my burger, some girls dressed like Stephanie pass by, eyeing the guys and smiling. Jordan, the player, watches them and smiles back, causing the girls to giggle and twirl their hair.

One girl frown at me and whispers to another. She's probably the leader.

Kyle whispers, "That's Stephanie's cousin, Nikki. She and Jordan used to date in freshman year, but she doesn't go to our school."

Thank goodness; I can't stand two bitches.

The girls leave, and Jordan says, "I'm glad we aren't dating anymore; she was my first real girlfriend until she cheated on me, and then I became a player." He sighs sadly, showing he was hurt.

Kyle adds, "I heard one of the guys say she was good in bed a few weeks after you broke up."

Jordan looks sad.

I suggest, "Let's head back to school; I have geography after lunch."

Luke smirks, "You're in a hurry to meet your lover."

I hit him on the shoulder.

__________________