Earth

V

YORKAR

Most of the Angels at the Celestial thought Yorkar besides being a legend was a tale of fiction among them.

It was told, also, that if they did not agree with most of the Angels that perhaps they could be welcomed at Yorkar.

There were others that thought that Yorkar was a place for Angels that wanted to be closer to humans to really teach them how to be a better being. That is, not human, not Angel, but a being. An existence in constant connection with everything and the Father. A kind of a monastery that welcomed searching for the knowledge of being.

The ones that knew a little more, but not too much, said that Yorkar was a place for discontent Angels with all the Angels and the way they had behave from the beginning of time.

Yorkar was not an easy place to find. Even an Angel that can perceive other Angels could not easily find it. Meckham tried out of pleasure. He wanted to find Yorkar and destroy all the Angels inside. Getting rid of them all was not going against the Council. Nobody could miss a bunch of Angels that were no longer at the Celestial or did not want to be there. He just wanted to find Yorkar for the pleasure of finding it and killing Angels.

He never did and started to think like most that Yorkar was a fantasy.

To be able to go to Yorkar it had to be with some kind of "by invitation only". An Angel was given enough clues to find it and they had to go through some challenges that even as an

Angel could kill them. There were riddles that if an Angel was able to connect to the Angels at Yorkar way of thinking they would be able to decipher.

It was a fact that by air, it could never be found. And it was just as risky and difficult by land. Imagine appearing among humans as an Angel, with their height, their whiteness, their amazing wings, shining body and stop by a house to ask directions.

In these times people still shoot first and ask questions later. So a creature like an Angel most likely end up shot, beaten and disfigured in a monsters.com type web page. It happened in the past. The Angels did not know who he was by the pictures on how he ended. Serious newspapers did not bother publishing the pictures or the news. But the tabloid had their field day with it.

The Angel believers published in their webpage the mysteries surrounding the winged creature that had arrived at this little town. But the picture only showed tall person beaten and covered in mud. Did not look like an Angel at all.

The locals say, that some men saw him standing there on a hill. The Angel walked to them and they got scared not believing what they were seeing or maybe confused him with something else. When men are scared they can be pushed to do stupid things.

The being in the picture did not have wings, or shine covering his body. But Lacjner and the others knew he was an Angel that took the wrong decision at wrong place. They never knew who he was, his face was disfigured. The local government decided to end the story by burning the body.

This event took place at the beginning of the XX century and the picture had been going around since then.

Lacjner had received an "invitation" to join the Yorkars. He was a privileged with the honor. Arrangements were made for two Angels to escort him once he arrived to Scotland's west coast. He kindly refused and instructions on how to get there were given instead, in case he changed his mind.

More than an invitation he looked at it as a suggestion to join the Yorkars. He knew Garktold. They fought together in the first war next to Dregnar.

Garktold was not part of the group that helped humans, nor he had anything to do with Tusuer's persecution, but he was against Dregnar's expulsion from the Celestial. He also did not agree with Meckham being named Chief of the Celestial Guardians.

Garktold went to the council and directly accused Meckham, but no one at the Council agreed with him. He also saw Tusuer as a second Liknal. He opposed from the beginning when he learned Tusuer was going to be the commander at Earth's mission. He felt and talked on how Tusuer sooner or later would create chaos.

He was part of the inspection groups on Earth and he never agreed on Tusuer always taking them to the same places all the time to show his progress. He always asked to be taken to different locations but Tusuer knew how to persuade the other inspectors in the group and convinced them what he was doing was right.

He had an opportunity to visit Dregnar before he had a child and saw how Dregnar was attracted to a human female that was always next to him. He knew Dregnar felt more than love to a human for this woman, there was an attraction from him to her that he could not understand.

He went to the council and suggested a change, a rotation, new Angels should go and replace the ones already on Earth.

Again, nobody listened to his requests.

After punishments and banishments he told the council if they would have listened to him none of that would have happened and he requested to be in charge of the Guardians.

Of course his petition was denied by the council.

Garktold and his group decided to leave the Celestial and do things their way. A few followed him but numbers grew in time and the numbers kept increasing.

Lacjner flew towards Scotland's west coast to a town called Torridor. He flew fast by the town. A lot of people in the town didn't bother to look at the sky and see the white lights crossing the air. Legends talked about extraordinary beings that came from the sky. Time and science made these legends events provoked by nature. There was always a logical and understandable explanation. New generations saw everything as part of their town's nature.

These beams of white light crossing the skies could be seen from Taagan, Kinlochewe, and Anancaun. So everybody thought or assumed the lights traveled from side to side across Liatach, which is a mountain in between these towns.

As he approached Liatach, Lacjner flew down towards the east side of the mountain and landed on a real stretched road. One car could barely fit on that road. From above he made sure it would take about an hour for the cars on both sides of the road to reach that point where he was.

From there he flew to a hole about sixty feet on top of that road and had a difficult time going through. After walking stepping on rocks and moving some roots out of his way and a few scratches he walked into a open space where the sunlight came through a lot of holes on top.

In the distance and in front of him he saw the only place he could fit in. At the bottom separating where he was from this entrance there was a dark lake reflecting the sunlight. The only way to reach this entrance was flying from where he was.

For a man, it would be difficult to go across, the walls were smooth and edgeless with no rocks coming out of them as if they were made of granite. Three thousand feet tall. Even if they were to use ropes to go down, then they would have to climb back another three thousand feet or so to the other entrance and that itself was close to impossible for them.

He flew the one thousand feet distance to the entrance which had a little ledge in front of it. He could not fly into it, he had to land on this ledge and walk into the entrance. There was not enough room for his body so he had to retract his wings as much as he could and walk slowly.

After walking a few yards he saw in the darkness how the bottom floor changed from flat to needle sharp rocks and the space opened up. There were about four hundred feet of distance between where he was and the end of these rocks. Walking was not an option. He had to jump to the other side, not fly. He bent his knees and jumped, extended his wings for two seconds and retracted them right away. A little more and he would end up smashing his body on the wall in front of him. Landed on a stone. A dark hole in front of him. Free fall, no wings, no flying. One hundred feet below. Almost there.

He jumped into the hole and his feet touched the rock at the bottom making a lot of noise.

He heard voices at the end of a road leading to a caveon his left. The guards at Yorkar's entrance were probably hiding waiting toattack an unexpected guest., Hΐ