XVIII

KINKASAN ISLAND, JAPAN

Abigael felt like a stupid human american tourist wearing that blond wig, but it was necessary. Wearing sunglasses, and nervous, she felt all the japanese in the boat were talking about her. She was fighting with the wig, thinking it was out of place.

Aekhem on the other hand, now as human, just kept his shoulder length and almost white blondish hair which did not match his young face. But he did not care. The air coming from the sea play with it at will.

He was more worried for what just happened at the airport. The Descendants have never made their presence so evident. It was like they wanted to be seen and noticed. They have kept themselves hidden for thousands of years. He never thought they could get organized in such way.

Their traditional and ridiculous rites adoring Liknal now seem like a cover. He never thought they had groups being trained as a separate entity, like an army ready to fight Angels.

The Japanese dressed in black were definitely part of this army. Generation after generation being trained for one particular reason and moment and that moment had initiated with him and Abigael. Abigael a descendant herself from Lachner and Bechner. He had to talk to her about it. He had to have a conversation with her about how to control that part in her that made her act irrational and thoughtlessly. She was careless and reckless. But they had no time. All he could do was to watch her, make sure she didn't get hurt or killed. He needed her by his side, not knowing exactly why. Just thinking about that something could happen to her had him more worried than thinking about fighting against a hundred men dressed in black shooting at him.

He had to avoid having her coming with him for what it was coming. There was no stopping her. All he could do now was to trust the Father for a favorable outcome. To be able to stop the Descendants from freeing Tusuer.

As they approached Kinkasan Island, east of Japan main land, he remembered how a long time ago all of that was fertile land and Kinkasan was a mountain near the valley where they put Tusuer and his followers.

Over five thousand years ago no. That day was only him and his father and the human army that fought alongside them. A lot of Tusuer's Angels were wounded and bleeding. The grass grew as their drops of blood hit the ground. Some of them had their wings destroyed and some were agonizing carried by their defeated brothers.

Tusuer walked in silence, chains to his neck, wrists, waist. They all had their wings strapped to their backs with heavy chains.

Dregnar asked Aekhem to avoid looking at them. His human feelings could get in the way of reasoning as an Angel, a soldier, and as that, they had a mission and the mission was not over yet. Aekhem tried but his human side betrayed him constantly. It hurted inside to see his wounded brothers. They had made a mistake and the punishment was too much. Eternal lock down. Dregnar reminded him of his mother and she died. He asked him to think of Bechner, almost his father, just like Lacjner. He didn't know Bechner long enough, he saw how he died when he became an Angel. But thinking of his mother gave him the strength he needed to keep going and to think that somehow justice was being made.

A lot of mixed feelings inside him, since a lot of them had paid with their own existence his mother's death. He could not help thinking how many more had to pay for someone's death.

His father kept telling him they all had to pay for Senra's and Bechner's deaths but more important yet, it was their mission commanded by the Celestial Council. Dregnar was doing it for his son to keep living not thinking of the consequences for him would be worst than dying.

A lot of humans died of exhaustion and hunger on their way to the Kromatan, a deep cave hidden in the valley at the bottom of what now was Kinkasan Island. Their dying was unavoidable, if it wasn't for exhaustion or hunger, time would reach them in time and with their deaths the secret would be lost in legends. And that is exactly as it happened, just like Dregnar told him it would. The secret got lost for the world and he was the only one that knew ... until today.