CHAPTER 5

I don't know if it has only been days or weeks that I have been in here. My wolf is going stir crazy. I am going stir crazy. I've tried to keep track of the days, but I keep blacking out when my wolf tries to take over. Although, I couldn't be more grateful for her strength. She's fighting off the wolfsbane and becoming immune. I still can't shift, but I would be lost without my wolf. I almost had a breakdown from the confinement and the darkness. My wolf must have known and fought to be at my side through it all.

Alyssa had come in here each morning with 'medicine' that makes me feel as if I'm losing my mind. My wolf fights against it, but it keeps us weak. I'm seeing things that I know could not be possible and must be the effects of the drug. The problem is that I don't know what is reality and what is delusions caused by the drug.

Several of the rogues were talking to themselves when I was brought in here. Now I'm doing it as well. I don't know if it is the drug Alyssa is injecting me with or my way of trying to keep me sane. Werewolves don't like to be confined. If I'm in here too long, my wolf will try to take over my body completely and we will be killed. The drugs I'm given will ensure it happens faster.

There are three guards that switch shifts. The first man is in his mid-twenties and never shows any emotions other than looking at me like I'm crazy. The other two men are around my age. One man used to flirt with me constantly, but I must now look how I feel. He now looks at me like I'm something stuck to the bottom of his shoe. The other man is the same man that gave me a stare of pity with his mate when I was being led to their prison cells. I still see the sadness and pity on his face, but he will not help me. Grizzly Adam comes in periodically to get updates from them.

I don't stop trying to convince them that I am Aidan's mate and I need to talk to him. I don't know if I'm breaking them or not. The fact that I am still in here, I would say I'm not. They think I'm going insane from the so-called rabies Alyssa said I received from the rogue wolf that attacked me. I can see the questioning in their eyes as to why I haven't been killed and put out of my misery. They are worried I'll pass my disease to others. She gives them reason to believe I can still be saved. She has them beat me so that my wolf can heal the rabies out of me as my wounds heal. She swears I'm only given enough wolfsbane to restrain me from shifting, but I know that is not true. I think the only reason she has not ordered my death is that she finds entertainment in my misery.

Alyssa's regular visits have doubled. She electrocutes me with a long wand until I'm curled up in a corner in fear. She then injects me with a 'miracle' drug and reminds me my mate doesn't want me. There will be a ceremony to make her the Luna upon the Alpha's return from a rogue war. That's where he has been and why he has not come in to tell me himself. He's out fighting a war and who knows how long it will take before he returns. He wants me out of the picture, but he knows his pack will not accept Alyssa as a Luna if he has a true mate. They have to think he lost me, too.

"You see this flower. This is what is going to kill you. One more after this should do it, but I'm tired of waiting." She smiles and injects me again before she suddenly begins to scream like a crazy woman. She slashes her claws across the throat of the guard standing behind her and catching us both by surprise. His blood sprays on all of us. The insane woman punches me and I growl in response. I know my alpha abilities would have taken over if I didn't have wolfsbane in my system as well. Guards run in to take in the scene and hold me down. I'm outnumbered, but my wolf wants blood for her enemy's devious deeds. She's framing me for the death of the guard.

Alyssa pretends she's trying to save the guard by covering his neck wound with her blood stained hands. She orders the guards that run in wearing hazmat suits to beat me when she confirms his death. She watches with a smirk on her face. I no longer wish for an escape. I know it's not possible and they will never let me go. Now all I wish for is a quick death. Alyssa doesn't let it happen. She stops the beatings when I'm at the brink of death.