CHAPTER 23

My paws hit the ground and kick up the dirt as I quicken my pace. I can hear the dirt bike gaining speed behind me. It's faster than my wolf, but he has the disadvantage of having to maneuver around the rocks and debris. I jump over a fallen tree and stumble slightly, but regain my wolf's footing. I hear him grunt when he skids to prevent hitting the tree and my wolf pauses in worry. He quickly recovers and we quickly continue our crucial dash to our destination. I run for an hour with him chasing, but I don't stop. Not until we are reaching familiar land and he takes advantage of a shortcut. He jumps off his bike and tackles me down. My wolf snaps at him in anger, but she doesn't dare bite him. She would never hurt him physically and wishes not to hurt him at all.

"Shift! Now!" He yells at me after he has me trapped.

I shift and try to catch my breath as he places the weight of his body on top of me with my arms being held down. "Let me go. I need to get closer."

"Are you insane? You're going to get yourself killed!" He raises his voice towards me in anger

"If you don't silence your yell, you are going to get us both killed." I tighten my fist and look around. "I need to get closer."

"Why? For Aidan? Don't you feel what we have? I know you feel the attraction between us. I know you do." He moves his hands up to intertwine them with mine.

We stare at each other eye to eye and my breath picks up when I look at his lips. "No. I can't. It's a mistake. Aidan is my mate."

"Then why are you looking at me like you want me to ravage you. Again." He smirks and I want to wipe it right off his face...with my lips. I feel the shortness of breath and my chest feels an intense ache.

He looks down at my lips and back to my eyes. My wolf whimpers when I fill in the space between us, but once our lips touch, I can't stop myself from wanting more. He licks my lips asking for entrance and I part them to let our tongues meet. He shifts on top of me and I feel his hardness under his jeans hit a sensitive spot on my body. I lift my hips to feel more. It's not until I feel his hand caress a sensitive part of my breast that I awake to what we are doing...again.

"No. We can't. This is wrong. Don't you understand? It will be my fault if anything happens to my pack. I failed them. They're going to be under the Dark's control because of me. I did this! I'm supposed to love Aidan! I love my mate. I can't love another." I turn my head.

"Stop saying that!" He gets up and runs his hands through his hair. "You feel it. I know you do. Why can't we be together?"

"Can't you see this was a mistake? It's the Dark. It's the only explanation. He had to have placed a spell on us and we fell right into it. I failed my pack. This can't happen between us. I was too weak to stay strong for my pack!" I yell as I rise from the ground, but my voice softens in renewed pain of the words I say next. "I can't be with you. I can't."

"Why not? Why?" He asks in his despair. "It's not a spell. It's true love, Camilla. We're supposed to be together."

"We can't. For one, Aidan needs to stay strong for his pack and I just cheated on him. I failed and fell for the spell's tricks. Two," I sigh and close my eyes. "He's your brother, Jaivan."

A FEW HOURS EARLIER

"Did you kiss him?" Jaivan asks out of nowhere and makes me jump about ten feet in the air.

I give a girlish giggle and want to smack my forehead for acting like a schoolgirl talking to her crush. I thought he was handsome when we first met, but it had been like being in the presence of a Greek God after he cleaned up the dirt of the cells. I haven't been able to stop the attraction. I've been apart from Aidan for too long and my fears had not helped. I can't stop myself from taking glances at Aidan's gorgeous brother. No girl can. Even the mated she-wolves have stolen glances.