Chapter 9

MARIONETTE'S P.O.V

I looked around for (y/n) and finally found her with Adrian. I quickly dragged he away trying not to act so weird around him.
"Guess what I found out!" I said out of excitement.
"What?"
"Cat Noir likes you!" I yelled in a whisper.
"I kinda figured it out when he kissed me." she said smiling brightly. I gasped at the word 'kissed'.
"What!? When was this? Why didn't you tell me!?"
"It never came up." She pionted behind me. I turned and saw Adrian Agreste standing behind me with a sweet smile.
"I hope Cat Noir isn't trying to steal my girl." I sighed when he said that. Mostly because I thought he was reffering to me but I then remembered about the whole dating thing. I side stepped and told (y/n) I would see her later in class, leaving the two to talk.

ADRIAN'S P.O.V

"I heard Cat Noir kissed you. Should I be worried?" I asked (y/n) as I walked her to class. She laughed.
"No. Nothing to worry about. I just wish I knew who he really was, so I can live a life knowing he is a real hero and not have to worry with him living a secret life."
"You know, it might be dangerous for you if you knew his identity. Villains could kidnap you like last time with Queen Bee and Lady Artist"
"How'd you know I was kidnapped by Queen Bee i haven't told anyone. The only people that know are Alya, Marionette, Ladybug, and Cat Noir."
"Oh! Uh, after the incident I saw Cat Noir and asked if you were alright!"
"Okay, I guess." I let out a sigh of relief. We were at the front door of her classroom and the bell was about to ring. I kissed her cheek and ran off to class while I mentally slapped myself for being so stupid.

After school, I waited for (y/n) at the front gate but she was a no-show. I saw Alya and Marionette talking. I decided to ask if they seen (y/n).
"Oh, she got into a fight with another kid in class and got suspened. It just came out of no where! She didn't seem in control of her actions, it was a good fight though." Alya explained while Marionette acted weird.
"Thanks!" I said running to (y/n)'s house. It's happening again, isn't it? Why now? Could it be stress or depression? As soon as I got to her front door, I knocked. Mrs. (l/n) answered the door.
"Adrian Agreste? Oh, it's been so long! I bet you're here to see (y/n). She's not here right now. She said she'd be at the park all day."
"Thank you, Mrs. (l/n)!" I rushed off to the park. As I was running, I dialed her number. Straight to voice ail. Her phone is off. I finally got to the park but couldn't see her. I remembered when this happened in grade school, she did the exact same thing. She ran to the park and climbed up the tallest tree she could find so she could be alone. I found her after a few hours of searching and saw her crying and hugging her knees. I cheered her up by telling her that when we grew up I would always stay by her side and we carved our names onto the tree before leaving.

I found the same tree we were up when we were kids. I climbed up and found (y/n) like how I found her all those years ago. Our names still carves on the tree but only there was an 'x' through (y/n)'s name.
"Hey, are you okay?" I asked. No answer. There was a silence, the only noise that we could hear were birds chirping and kids laughing as the played around the playground. I chuckled,"I remember, when we were younger, I told you that I was going to marry you because I loved you like a brother. Heck, I even gave you a candy ring" Still no reply so I went on.
"I always thought that I loved you like a sister but the truth is I don't think that. I realized I love you more than that. I made a promise that I wouldn't let you get hurt emotionally or physically. I will keep that promise until the day we grow old and die." she glanced at me and smiled. I hugged her but not too much to where we'd fall off.
"I didn't mean to do it." (y/n) said in a shaky voice.
"I know. It's alright." I stroked her hair. "Wanna get ice cream?"
"Sure. But first..." she carved her initials on the tree and I did the same. She put the (put your initials and Adrian's there). We carefully got off the tree and went to get ice cream.