Chapter 21

YOUR P.O.V

    "Come get me." I whispered angrily to myself. I followed the sound of feet until I was face-to-head with the villain. The image morphed into Adrian and it made me even more mad.

"Your time's up." It said with his voice.

"No, it's not. I still have 2 hours left!" I yelled as I attacked.

"Sorry Cat Noir, but your watch is off. You hand't learned anything."

"No, I have. Its hard to choose between family-- a normal life-- and being a hero. Because of you, I had to give up time with my father!" Nobody dodged all my attacks. Ladybug threw his yo-yo and it wrapped around it's legs causing it to fall. 

"At least I let you have your father for a while. I could've let you be all alone. Do you know what this do to would do to see his mother or be close with his father?"

"Give me my old life back! I passed your stupid little test." The villain laughed and just as Ladybug was coming, it snapped it's fingers and this reality dissolved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I woke up in a cold sweat. I looked around and saw I was in my room. I got up and looked around the whole house to find anyone. My mother was in bed watching her romance shows. I was happy to find everything here seemed normal. I went to hug her and apologized for every bad thing I'd done. She seemed startled and soon said that I had done nothing wrong.

"Adrian was here. He's asked that you meet him at the park immediately." my mom had told me.

"Thank you. I'll be back on time for piano practice."

"I've decided that you don't have to do piano if you don't want to."

"Thank you." I said giving her another hug. I smiled and headed for the park. When I didn't see Adrian anywhere, I went up our favorite tree. I smiled and sat next to him making him jump a bit. I really didn't know what to tell him. That I knew his secret? That I'm sorry for the way he feels? I could only thing I knew was better for all of us.

"Do you wanna go out?" I asked casually.

"I thought we already were."

"I meant for real. Not for publicity-- for us." We both looked at each other. Adrian's face was a light shade of red and mine felt pretty hot too. I waited for an answer hoping, and half-knowing, he'd say yes. 

"Yeah. I do." he finally said. I smiled and looked down at the kids who were playing with others and using their silly and fun imagination.

"Cool." I whispered. I felt happy that we were now together for real. I wanted to tell him about knowing his secret, but I decided against it. Better for him to not know or he'll be really protective.

     That night Cat Noir (a.k.a Adrian) came through my window. 

"What's up?" he said.

"Nothing much. Just doing homework. Wanna help out?"

"Sorry I don't do homework." He came and wrapped his arms around me. Gently, I pushed him away. He seemed really confused. "What's wrong?" he asked. I continued doing homework, ignoring the blonde hot head.

"We can no longer see each other like this. I have a boyfriend."

"That's just an act, isn't it?"

"It's real now." He kissed my cheek and left through my window. Once I was sure he was out of earshot, I sighed and looked longingly out my window, "I love you Adrian Agreste."

     When I went back to school, everything seemed normal. Chloe was most hated again, Marionette, Alya, and I were close. Teachers were still boring. All was perfect.

Until...

"What do you mean you're going out for real?!" Marionette yelled.

"I'm sorry. I never wanted this to happen. I--"

"Let me guess, 'It just happened'." I nodded.

"I can't believe you. You knew I liked him and you still went after him." she said slightly sadly but mostly angrily. She broke off our friendship and told me that if I breathe a word about her being Ladybug, she'd... Do something. She's not really the revenge type so, threats didn't come easy to her. She left and I really hadn't seen much of her since. Adrian and I are still together though. It feels wrong, but right in every way. I wonder how long I can keep the secret for both Marionette and Adrian.

Marionette is Ladybug. The best friend that I just lost over a guy.

Adrian is Cat Noir. The best friend and boyfriend that I have. 

If I told him Marionette's secret, would he still have feelings for her? Would he choose her over me?