Prologue

“It’s been a little over a year Lou.  I’ve moved on.  I know you are trying to help your best friend and I get that but could you also be my friend and support me?”

“Ni, it’s just that…well…Harry misses you so much and he knows what he did was wrong.  Niall he is really sorry.  You know that.  And you also know that you and Harry are meant to be together.”

“I know he is sorry.  I understand that but like I’ve said, I have moved on and he really needs to do the same.  You saw us, Lou.  You know that towards the end, things changed.  He made some mistakes that I am sure he wants to take back but he can’t and I was more hurt than I ever thought I could be.”

“Please just give him another chance”  I shook my head at Lou, silently telling him that I wasn’t going to.

“At least just talk to him, please.  Niall he isn’t ok.  He needs you.”  Lou takes my hand and holds onto it tightly.  Pleading on behalf of his best friend.  I hate seeing Louis so upset.  I sigh.

“I’ll talk to him.  But I am doing this for you.  You are one of my best friends and I hate seeing you so upset.  But I don’t want you to think that this will change anything between Harry and me, because it won’t.  I have moved on and am happy.  You know he is a great guy Louis.”  Louis huffed at my statement knowing he couldn’t disagree.

“Well regardless, you are meant to be with Harry.  Not him.” He scowled.  I slightly laughed at his pathetic attempt to convince me.  “You have only been with him for three months and you were with Harry for three years.  Harry can’t be replaced in your heart that easily.  I know you still love him and don’t try to deny it.”

“I’m not going to deny it, Lou.  I do still have love for Harry.  He was my first real love and I’ll never forget those amazing three years and even the last six months of those three years, that were filled with stress and hurt but I spent many months healing my heart after it was broke in pieces and found someone that makes me smile again.  I just turned twenty two.  I am still really young and I am having fun.  I deserve it.  Who knows if this relationship will last but I do know that I am enjoying myself.  Harry should be too.  He isn’t getting any younger.  He’ll be twenty seven in a month.  He needs to move on.”

“Niall” Louis says in sadness.

“I said I’d talk to him.  I still have his number and I’ll text him later and set something up for next week.”  Lou squeezes my hand and displays a soft smile.

“Thanks, Niall.” I nod and stand up from the table at the café we are currently in.

“I gotta go.  I’m meeting..”

“Yeah, yeah…your boyfriend.  I know, Niall.  Just go.” He states interrupting me and waving his hand in a dismissive manner.  I roll my eyes and place a kiss on the top of his head.

“Bye, Lou.  Love you”

“Love you, too, Ni.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(so I originally planned on a direct continuation of the last story...detailing Harry and Niall's happy relationship after coming out but then I just had this idea pop into my head and wanted to do some angst and a time jump.  So I hope you enjoy what you have read so far.  Chapter one will be up by Monday!  xx    p.s.  perfect song for this linked on the side.  'Don't Speak' -No Doubt)